• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

This one transaction can get you a reward rate of 170 - 210%!

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Note: This calculation is only for one transaction and the same value cannot be extracted for more money as we reach the Grab deals max cap.

Open GrabDeals and look for Marks & Spencers, and select 45x Edge reward points.

1672222673088.png

For Magnus:
Shop for Rs. 3600
You get 3600 / 200 * 12 * 45 = 9720 Edge points (After 120 days)
Convert to CV points at 5:4 = 7776 CV points

For Axis Reserve:
Shop for Rs. 2800
You get 2800 / 200 * 15 * 45 = 9450 points (After 120 days)
Convert to CV points at 5:4 = 7560 CV points

The cap for GrabDeals is 10,000 points per month so we almost reached the cap.

Let's use these 7500 points to redeem a flight between BLR-DEL.

1672221938304.png

The Tax amount would be around: Rs. 527

For the same flight on MMT it would cost around 6-7k depending on the time.

1672221871695.png

Coming back to the calculation

For Magnus:
total spent = 3600 + 527 tax = 4127

The value extracted based on the amount of money spent
= 7000 / 4127 * 100 = 170% 😱

For Reserve:

total spent = 2800 + 527 tax = 3327

= 7000 / 3327 * 100 = 210% 😱

You might get more or less value depending on the flight price you are looking for. This example is used just for calculation purposes.

For buying a Jacket I am getting a free flight! Not a bad deal ;)

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Has anyone here actually got the additional points for any Grabdeals transaction till now?
In HDFC, the statement shows it as smartbuy spends if I land on a website through smartbuy so I can be sure that it's correctly recorded.
In Axis it shows as Mark & Spenser so I am not even sure at this point.
Yes lot of the mods/admin from this and CC community have posted in Twitter that they got.

You can see one more thread here in TF itself someone shared the same snapshot which gives a confidence as well but wait time is too long

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
M&S 45x is good for earning points but issue is the available options are limited and even if you get something the order gets cancelled post ordering saying out of stock (happened today). And if something does get delivered 50% of times size/fit is an issue and hence has to be returned back (strangely i don’t find replace option with size change). So if successful can be great rewards but process is frustrating from both M&S and Axis end.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nice find @preetishhs . can you shed calculation on axis select too? is it even worth to avail for axis select unless there is a genuine purchase, since the airmiles/hotel ratio is not worth much?
Axis select will not give you the reward rate as good as the other two.

For shopping max of 4.6k

4600 / 200 * 10 * 45 = 10,000 (max)

Converting to CV at 5:1 doesn't give much value.

Each edge point is worth 20 Paisa

So 10,000 * 0.2 = Rs. 2000

Reward Rate = 43.5%

You can expect maximum of 43.5% for shopping at M&S upto 4.6k.

It's more like getting 40% off for your shopping. If you have a genuine need then go ahead and buy else skip it.

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge

For shopping max of 4.6k

Reward Rate = 43.5%

It's more like getting 40% off for your shopping. If you have a genuine need then go ahead and buy else skip it.
Hey bro, how do you get the computation for the value of paisa? Mind sharing the formula?

Dr. Drake

TF Ace

For shopping max of 4.6k

Reward Rate = 43.5%

Thank you for taking time to respond this clears my confusion

azimk

TF Buzz
Note: This calculation is only for one transaction and the same value cannot be extracted for more money as we reach the Grab deals max cap.

Open GrabDeals and look for Marks & Spencers, and select 45x Edge reward points.

1672222673088.png

For Magnus:
Shop for Rs. 3600
You get 3600 / 200 * 12 * 45 = 9720 Edge points (After 120 days)
Convert to CV points at 5:4 = 7776 CV points

For Axis Reserve:
Shop for Rs. 2800
You get 2800 / 200 * 15 * 45 = 9450 points (After 120 days)
Convert to CV points at 5:4 = 7560 CV points

The cap for GrabDeals is 10,000 points per month so we almost reached the cap.

Let's use these 7500 points to redeem a flight between BLR-DEL.

1672221938304.png

The Tax amount would be around: Rs. 527

For the same flight on MMT it would cost around 6-7k depending on the time.

1672221871695.png

Coming back to the calculation

For Magnus:
total spent = 3600 + 527 tax = 4127

= 7000 / 4127 * 100 = 170% 😱

For Reserve:

total spent = 2800 + 527 tax = 3327

= 7000 / 3327 * 100 = 210% 😱

You might get more or less value depending on the flight price you are looking for. This example is used just for calculation purposes.

For buying a Jacket I am getting a free flight! Not a bad deal ;)
Sir grab deals pe agar voucher purchase krte hai uspe bhi capping hai kya aur giftedge pe capping hai ya nhi? Actually kuch youtubera grab deals pe koi capping nhi hai aesa bolte hau thoda confusing hai plz clear kriye thanks in advance...

Sudheep

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
have been using this offer since October. (45x is yet to credit )

M&S offers section has good collections, be careful about the size, mostly they fit a little big.

But you could exchange it in physical store easily, infact they will give a credit invoice from the counter, with which you can purchase any items available on store. last time i replaced all my online items with items on display and discount @store. advantage is that you can try and get best fit.

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
have been using this offer since October. (45x is yet to credit )

M&S offers section has good collections, be careful about the size, mostly they fit a little big.

But you could exchange it in physical store easily, infact they will give a credit invoice from the counter, with which you can purchase any items available on store. last time i replaced all my online items with items on display and discount @store. advantage is that you can try and get best fit.
What is the process for this? Do they ask for a receipt or anything?

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
yes.. keep the price tag intact. they will scan it and the purchase price will be updated.

they asked me bill too, showed them the email received from M&S upon order confirmation.
Will this affect the reward points or the accelerated rewards we get? Just want to be sure it won't get reversed or something like that.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Sir grab deals pe agar voucher purchase krte hai uspe bhi capping hai kya aur giftedge pe capping hai ya nhi? Actually kuch youtubera grab deals pe koi capping nhi hai aesa bolte hau thoda confusing hai plz clear kriye thanks in advance...
For Vouchers, you mostly get instant discounts not cashback. So I think both are different.
GrabDeals has capping. I have confirmed with Customer Care as well.