• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Are you in search of a specific super-premium or luxury credit card? Are you finding yourself ineligible based on the required income criteria? Do you lack the eligible credit limit on another bank's credit card for card-to-card method applications? There is another method you can use to apply for a luxury or super-premium credit card.

Typically, banks demand a substantial monthly income to qualify for their luxury or super-premium credit cards. However, not everyone earns such a significant income every month, making these luxury credit cards seemingly out of reach for many individuals (individuals like me, Gareeb aadmi 🥲). Jokes aside, there are a few alternative options available that you can explore to obtain such credit cards.

(Known Method, Widely Used) Maintaining a High Relationship Value with the Bank:
If you can maintain a very high relationship value (savings account balance, FDs, mutual funds invested via the bank), you can request the bank to issue the luxury or super-premium card you desire. Banks often approve requests through this method, and the required relationship value depends on the card category and demand. However, maintaining a high savings account balance or a large amount of FD or investing your money in mutual funds via the bank (regular mutual funds) may not be the most prudent choice.
While this method is widely used to obtain a super-premium credit card from a bank, I don't recommend it if the bank asks you to maintain a very high NRV (for example, more than 10 to 15 lakhs). There is an alternative method that is not very popular, and banks neither advertise such methods publicly nor include them in their eligibility criteria.

(Secret Method) Credit Card Against Net Worth:
Some banks offer you a credit card based on your net worth. For instance, you can get an Amex Platinum Charge Card even if you don't have the required income, you just need a car worth more than 25 lakhs in your name.
The method is straightforward: email the bank's grievance department, express your desire for the luxury credit card, and include your financial statements, such as stock holdings, mutual fund holdings, savings account balance across all banks, FDs, any other investments, and even mention your real estate or luxury cars.

Providing real-life examples, I used this method to get the Yes Private Credit Card about 1.5 years ago. I've also used this method to express my interest for the Amex Centurion Card, and they agreed to issue me the card. However, due to the substantial initiation fees, I decided not to apply for that particular card (gareeb aadmi).

Remember to attach financial documents like stock holding statements, NSDL CAS statements, or any other investment statements or proof of ownership with the email. The bank may accept your request and issue you the credit card. It's important to note that this method may not work for everyone, as the bank makes the final decision based on various factors and checks.

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i ve been maintaining 60L+ in family banking with hdfc in imperia and still cannot get infinia sadly
with hdfc silence works best.. I have held a dcb ( paid) for more than 5 yrs.. Never paid fees as I have met spend criteria.. I have been offered multiple limit increases, LTF DCB if i open an account, FYF Infinia and now DCB metal over time.. Dont chase them.. keep using the system, they will come to u..