• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tap to pay on iPhone

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is there any app which allows tap to pay using credit card on iPhone in India?
I can re-collect and relate to another incident of PayZap or so as well in iOS.

I LOL when I saw this message of @Wealth is my birth right!

You have the costliest Status phone - Iphone, but can't use for certain things
Which is same like Amex which gives privilege's and gives a status of holding their card but you can't use it in most of the shop due to the acceptance issue.

romilq

TF Ace
No because Apple doesn’t allow third party apps to use the phone’s NFC feature directly. But banks can implement this feature through iOS wallet app. Sadly no bank in India is doing it. When I was in Russia all banks had integrated their cards with iOS wallet app so tap and pay used to work flawlessly and you could authenticate transactions with fingerprint.

Waynoway

TF Buzz
the problem is from Indian Bank sides. apple way is preferred mode of payment in western world. I personally use apple watch to make payments. It's very convinent as no need to even remove the phone from pocket.

iNokia

TF Premier
Banks need to pay apple to get onboarded on Apple pay? Google did the smart thing of making India specific pay app. Apple doesn't consider India worth the investment for now or just the classic apple "my way or no way" thinking.
the problem is from Indian Bank sides. apple way is preferred mode of payment in western world. I personally use apple watch to make payments. It's very convinent as no need to even remove the phone from pocket.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I can re-collect and relate to another incident of PayZap or so as well in iOS.

I LOL when I saw this message of @Wealth is my birth right!

You have the costliest Status phone - Iphone, but can't use for certain things
Which is same like Amex which gives privilege's and gives a status of holding their card but you can't use it in most of the shop due to the acceptance issue.
Happy that me and apple made u laugh 😂
Some of the premium stuff have its limitations saying security reasons and level of prestige no way we have to accept
But Bhim app with Tata neu infinity rupay card I am able to scan merchandise qr and pay it it’s a boom for iOS

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Happy that me and apple made u laugh 😂
Some of the premium stuff have its limitations saying security reasons and level of prestige no way we have to accept
But Bhim app with Tata neu infinity rupay card I am able to scan merchandise qr and pay it it’s a boom for iOS
May be one day, I will be able to afford iPhone and all these issues/compatibility on the app/NFC's are sorted out by then :)

Hopefully Apple card also will be there soon in India

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Apple needs RBI license to process the apple pay payments which it hasn't taken and possibly won't take because RBI wants the database to be made and stored in India, also apple doesn't give the access of biometrics etc to any third party. And in India There is no relaxation to it. All others like Gpay, samsung pay have taken the licenses from RBI and are allowed to operate their wallet in India. It's not banks that are in fault but Apples negligence for India.

I work for American Express Network and hence have a fare bit of idea about payment network

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Apple needs RBI license to process the apple pay payments which it hasn't taken and possibly won't take because RBI wants the database to be made and stored in India, also apple doesn't give the access of biometrics etc to any third party. And in India There is no relaxation to it. All others like Gpay, samsung pay have taken the licenses from RBI and are allowed to operate their wallet in India. It's not banks that are in fault but Apples negligence for India.

I work for American Express Network and hence have a fare bit of idea about payment network
So apple keychain passwords are military proof safe🙌👍

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So apple keychain passwords are military proof safe🙌👍
Yes apple is quite secure, they only give access to Government in extreme cases where there is a court order etc. All the data sharing is done via Apples layer so it doesn't actually share any of it's data with anyone and that's the reason NPCI didn't give them UPI license

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Yes apple is quite secure, they only give access to Government in extreme cases where there is a court order etc. All the data sharing is done via Apples layer so it doesn't actually share any of it's data with anyone and that's the reason NPCI didn't give them UPI license
Provides more confidence
I don’t remember any of the login passwords once I moved to apple atmosphere all taken care by keychain including password assignment 😘😋

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
They could give access to NFC api. So that google or cred or paytm could implement it.

0xShailesh

TF Select
I have 2 US Credit cards in India. I can add them to Apple wallet in India, tap to pay works just fine on majority of NFC machines. I have tried it on different malls and petrol stations.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I have 2 US Credit cards in India. I can add them to Apple wallet in India, tap to pay works just fine on majority of NFC machines. I have tried it on different malls and petrol stations.
With country set to India? i.e App store purchases are in INR?