• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Taking IDFC WoW Card- Good or Bad?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
So I was planning to do FD in IDFC Bank as that amount is going to stay in their savings account anyways. I thought why not take WoW card on the base of it as well.

Few points:
-I already hold their Select account but unable to get their unsecured card coz in June 22 I applied and it got rejected. Its still showing that error 'Your application can't be processed'.

-This is my first secured card. Not needed but just because I was doing FD, so took it. Have 9 other unsecured cards.

My query is:
1)Is it wise to take their secured card?

2)Will IDFC hesitate to provide unsecured card to me because of this card?

3)Any other point you would like to add.

Sorry for this long post 😅 had to explain everything.

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Do you see any point in taking this card? The USP of this card is the 0% forex markup rate. If that's not something you'll benefit from, I don't see a point in taking this card. A regular FD might be easier to close off or break in case of emergencies where you require cash. At least easier than closing the card.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
My thoughts:

- If your end goal is to get 'unsecured card', then don't because bank may reject later stating you already have a card with us (I know we can get both if first is unsecured but don't think other way around).
Here the bank is not even allowing to apply again. And when I tried with different number, then too it is only showing Wow card option.
- If you just need a secured card to maintain credit mix, fd rates then you can proceed because you can withdraw amount and pay in due time without braking actual FD.

- You have savings relationship which has advantages especially when you have their high banking programme, unless you don't have patience, resources, and reason to escalate further and unable to use that to get their unsecured then proceed.
I asked RM and BM to do something but their reply is that 'In IDFC, all our processes is online, we can't do anything seperately.'

I also don't get what it means to be their high banking programme member then. This is why applied for WoW card.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Do you see any point in taking this card? The USP of this card is the 0% forex markup rate. If that's not something you'll benefit from, I don't see a point in taking this card. A regular FD might be easier to close off or break in case of emergencies where you require cash. At least easier than closing the card.
I'm taking it just for IDFC Specific offers. As they're not providing unsecured card anyways. Tried several times, but in vain.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Did you tried to apply using another mobile number?
Yeah. Then too only WoW card is showing up.
Again, this is all has to be done by you and it requires lot of follow-up.

Previous comment is based on when should one go for FD card IDFC, nothing else. It's a good one and has benefits if one need them but not a recommended one.
Actually I already have enough cards and don't need a card lesser than Select from IDFC. They're not going to provide that (as of now) so taking WoW card just for IDFC Specific merchant offers and Visa Infinite benefits.

Yes I applied and card got delivered in 2 days. Virtual card gets generated within 6 hours of applying. No vkyc needed coz I'm already their savings account holder.
Ok.... I created fixed deposit today morning, they didn't accept HDFC Bank, I shared SBI account number, money deducted and FD successfully created. I had a loan account with IDFC, customer ID also available. But I had to complete vkyc also. Now waiting for their reply

Did you get virtual card in mail?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Ok.... I created fixed deposit today morning, they didn't accept HDFC Bank, I shared SBI account number, money deducted and FD successfully created. I had a loan account with IDFC, customer ID also available. But I had to complete vkyc also. Now waiting for their reply

Did you get virtual card in mail?
Did you choose 7.75% slab or not? Much lucrative deal. Or you have to choose their default 1 year rate?

No you have to login to their IDFC First app for virtual card.