• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Swiping regalia card twice for lounge access possible?

telescope

TF Ace
I have HDFC regalia. Total 12 domestic lounge access available.
I am wondering if I go with 1 guest and swipe the card twice one after another, will it work? Will the second swipe become chargeable?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I have HDFC regalia. Total 12 domestic lounge access available.
I am wondering if I go with 1 guest and swipe the card twice one after another, will it work? Will the second swipe become chargeable?
Yes, but you must wait 3-4 hours to swipe again at the same lounge. Otherwise, it won't allow multiple swipes. Regalia does not have complimentary guest access, so you will be charged for guest access.

Aditya12

TF Premier
Regalia does not have complimentary guest access, so you will be charged for guest access.
True but unfortunate. The priority pass that comes with it does allow guest access complimentary but only for international lounges.

This is what they say for Priority Pass:
  • Using Priority Pass, you and your add on member can together avail up to 6 Complimentary Lounge Access per calendar year, outside India.

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
True but unfortunate. The priority pass that comes with it does allow guest access complimentary but only for international lounges.

• Using Priority Pass, you and your add on member can together avail up to 6 Complimentary Lounge Access per calendar year, outside India.
Priority pass is separate for addons. There is no free guest visits in any hdfc credit card priority pass not even infinia

ccdc

TF Ace

how to access guest lounge access using pp...do we need add on card and then pp for those cards to access intl lounges?

telescope

TF Ace
thanks to all of you for your valuable contribution.

as I understand, for domestic lounge access, the primary card cannot be swiped twice back-to-back to get two access. but, for intl lounge, need to have addon card and pp for addon and that pp can be used to get intl lounge access.
correct me if I am wrong.

another follow-up question:

from the following link, is point number 1 & 2 still valid? asking because the article is few years old.

Aditya12

TF Premier
another follow-up question:

from the following link, is point number 1 & 2 still valid? asking because the article is few years old.

Priority Pass should not be used in India (unless there are some that don’t charge for using in India that I don’t know of). For lounges in India, use an Indian CC or DC that has complementary access (there are so many).

telescope

TF Ace
Priority Pass should not be used in India (unless there are some that don’t charge for using in India that I don’t know of). For lounges in India, use an Indian CC or DC that has complementary access (there are so many).
My bad. I didn't mention that I want to use PP Internationally.
So, if you just replace Indian lounge with International lounge, will trick 1&2 still work at International lounge?

Aditya12

TF Premier
My bad. I didn't mention that I want to use PP Internationally.
So, if you just replace Indian lounge with International lounge, will trick 1&2 still work at International lounge?
Which bank's PP do you have? With HDFC Regalia I got one for myself and one for my wife. There's no trick that we have to apply. Both PPs have different numbers and can be swiped at the same time at the same lounge outside India.

telescope

TF Ace
Which bank's PP do you have? With HDFC Regalia I got one for myself and one for my wife. There's no trick that we have to apply. Both PPs have different numbers and can be swiped at the same time at the same lounge outside India.
Mine is hdfc regalia pp.

I don't have any addon card to apply for pp. Even if I get pp with addon, then name will be different, so I guess I cannot use it.

I have upcoming travel, with long layover at Changi (around 12 hours) . So, trying to find ways to use lounge multiple times with 1 pp.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Mine is hdfc regalia pp.

I don't have any addon card to apply for pp. Even if I get pp with addon, then name will be different, so I guess I cannot use it.

I have upcoming travel, with long layover at Changi (around 12 hours) . So, trying to find ways to use lounge multiple times with 1 pp.
There are several lounges in Changi. You can just use the facilities of another lounge after the access time limit(3-4 hours).

telescope

TF Ace
There are several lounges in Changi. You can just use the facilities of another lounge after the access time limit(3-4 hours).
That's great. Hope I won't get charged.
Problem with bank issued pp is that we don't get to know from which quota (free/paid) the access been made. And would anxiously hope that it won't get charged in statement.

Aditya12

TF Premier
I was in a similar situation few years back at Sharjah, UAE and the lady said if I wanted to stay in more than 3 hours I could swipe again. I stayed for around 4 hours (slept, had late dinner, early breakfast, took shower). No one asked to swipe again so I did not. Now that's totally on the lounge staff but you can ask them if swiping again after 3-4 hours work. Also, there's a lot to do at Changi and you can easily kill some time without having to worry much.

Aditya12

TF Premier
@telescope by the way if it's day time, you can go out and explore the city quickly if you haven't been there already multiple times. Getting visa is easy and if you have certain visa (USA, Australia etc) you don't have to get a visa, there's something called VFTF I guess.

telescope

TF Ace
@telescope by the way if it's day time, you can go out and explore the city quickly if you haven't been there already multiple times. Getting visa is easy and if you have certain visa (USA, Australia etc) you don't have to get a visa, there's something called VFTF I guess.
Actually my plan was to take the free city tour before catching my connecting flight.
Sadly, I don't have those visas and my singapore visa was also rejected.
I would miss visiting Jewel.