• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sweep-in FD banks

palen

TF Premier
Hi,

Are you currently using any auto sweep-in facility?
Which bank?
What is the balance post which money gets auto sweep?
How has been your experience so far?

My plan is to open one for parking emergency funds on a monthly basis.

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi,

Are you currently using any auto sweep-in facility?
Which bank?
What is the balance post which money gets auto sweep?
How has been your experience so far?

My plan is to open one for parking emergency funds on a monthly basis.
Kotak - ActivMoney available for all variants including 811 :: if Amount Exceeds 25k will be converted to fd.

Paytm - Partnered with indusind :: if amount 1k exceeds ....

Above services are free* and for all

Every bank nowadays provides autosweep facility***, contact RM or branch for queries.

chdguy1980

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
SBI has Saving Plus account is a sweep account. Balance above 10000 will be sweeped to FD in multiples of 5000, it is configurable as I understand.

HDFC savings max account also has sweep features.

Trust Me

TF Ace
ICICI has no such sweep in facility. Only sweep out.

Your RM told you so?! There is no difference! The complete feature is sweep out - sweep in. One is meaningless without the other! Excess money is automatically swept out of your SB account, and swept in when you need it later. So if sweep out is there, sweep in must be there too! Just ask for clarification.

If they don't offer it any more, you just need to do the same thing manually by opening a Flexi Fixed Deposit: you put your excess money manually into that, and withdraw the amount you need later manually too through your SB account. This is more work, but has its own advantages over the auto sweep out - sweep in thing (which allows you to be lazy at the cost of potentially generating less income).

Last edited:

palen

TF Premier
Your RM told you so?! There is no difference! The complete feature is sweep out - sweep in. One is meaningless without the other! Excess money is automatically swept out of your SB account, and swept in when you need it later. So if sweep out is there, sweep in must be there too! Just ask for clarification.

If they don't offer it any more, you just need to do the same thing manually by opening a Flexi Fixed Deposit: you put your excess money manually into that, and withdraw the amount you need later manually too through your SB account. This is more work, but has its own advantages over the auto sweep out - sweep in thing (which allows you to be lazy at the cost of potentially generating less income).
I asked in 2 branches and they told me the same. Yes, you can only sweep out from an existing FD when you have deficit amount in your savings account.

Flexi FD would works but it would be easier to manage with something like auto sweep facility. Wish they would introduce it back again.

Trust Me

TF Ace
I asked in 2 branches and they told me the same. Yes, you can only sweep out from an existing FD when you have deficit amount in your savings account.

Flexi FD would works but it would be easier to manage with something like auto sweep facility. Wish they would introduce it back again.

Well, what you've described above as the sweep out facility (from an FD), is actually the very definition of how a Flexi FD works! This is actually a different product from what is normally known as the Sweep-out - Sweep-in facility for a savings account!

So the Bank define sweep out like that these days, so their customers can be kept in a confused state?!