• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Supplementary / add-on

bainmebain

TF Buzz
Question for anyone who has supplementary cards with Amex.

Can you share where the transaction alert goes?

For my supplementary cards, the Safe Key OTP goes to the number registered against each individual card. But the transact alert after each spend comes to the primary's number.

On top of that, I already get the alert emails for all cards.

I want the SMS alert to go the the holder's mobile (ie same number where the OTP was sent). Surely this is common / feasible?

Thanks!

netsec

TF Select
I have one Amex Supplement Card and the OTP always goes to the Supplement Card Holder mobile number. I sometime receive the transaction successful message on my number as well.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
Question for anyone who has supplementary cards with Amex.

Can you share where the transaction alert goes?

For my supplementary cards, the Safe Key OTP goes to the number registered against each individual card. But the transact alert after each spend comes to the primary's number.

On top of that, I already get the alert emails for all cards.

I want the SMS alert to go the the holder's mobile (ie same number where the OTP was sent). Surely this is common / feasible?

Thanks!
no the transaction alert always comes to the primary card holder
what you can do is tell the supplementary card holder to create an amex account and turn on notifications then they will receive transaction notifs when done

bainmebain

TF Buzz
I have one Amex Supplement Card and the OTP always goes to the Supplement Card Holder mobile number. I sometime receive the transaction successful message on my number as well.
No issues with the OTP - it goes to the mobile of the supplementary card holder.

I am wondering about the post-transaction alerts that all come to me.

So supplementary person gets the OTP and does the transaction or they swipe the card somewhere. Then I get the SMS like "Alert: You've spent INR 1,187.00 on your AMEX Supp Card **81010 at SHOP NAME on 2 June, 2023 at 05:23 PM IST. Call 18004190691 if this was not made by you."

And every single time my mother calls me to ask "is it done".

no the transaction alert always comes to the primary card holder
what you can do is tell the supplementary card holder to create an amex account and turn on notifications then they will receive transaction notifs when done

I have created accounts for all of them - but can't find any such possibility. If you could tell me where exactly I can find this it will be great.

I've never had this situation with any of the other cards I've had - for all the others OTP and alert went to the same mobile.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
No issues with the OTP - it goes to the mobile of the supplementary card holder.

I am wondering about the post-transaction alerts that all come to me.

So supplementary person gets the OTP and does the transaction or they swipe the card somewhere. Then I get the SMS like "Alert: You've spent INR 1,187.00 on your AMEX Supp Card **81010 at SHOP NAME on 2 June, 2023 at 05:23 PM IST. Call 18004190691 if this was not made by you."

And every single time my mother calls me to ask "is it done".

I have created accounts for all of them - but can't find any such possibility. If you could tell me where exactly I can find this it will be great.

I've never had this situation with any of the other cards I've had - for all the others OTP and alert went to the same mobile.
Go to setting then go to card notifications and see the image for ref.
tell your family member to stay logged in to the amex account so they will get a notif instantly

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-07 at 17.18.02.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-07 at 17.18.02.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 10

srikanth87

TF Buzz
what about monthly spend by the supplementary card holder will the primary card holder will get the rewards.
and for monthly targets to get 1000 rewards pts the transactions done by supplementary are considered for primary card holder.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
what about monthly spend by the supplementary card holder will the primary card holder will get the rewards.
and for monthly targets to get 1000 rewards pts the transactions done by supplementary are considered for primary card holder.
Supplementary card spends and rewards will be accounted with the primary card only.