• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me a credit card

Sudarshan61

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Current monthly expense 50-70K
Current primary cards are Infinia and SBI Cashback

Which other card should I have in my wallet? Benefits please

Also having ICICI Apay, Platinum, Axis ACE(closure request pending ), Citi Indian Oil, RBL Zamoto (will be closed soon as well).

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Also having ICICI Apay, Platinum, Axis ACE(closure request pending ), Citi Indian Oil, RBL Zamoto (will be closed soon as well).
People will be able to help if you mention your use case i.e., where are most of your spends centralized, what's your monthly expenditure and the like.
AFAIK, Infinia will cover almost all cases. Still, some other card may be able to give you better ROI depending upon your use case

Sudarshan61

TF Select
VIP Lounge
People will be able to help if you mention your use case i.e., where are most of your spends centralized, what's your monthly expenditure and the like.
AFAIK, Infinia will cover almost all cases. Still, some other card may be able to give you better ROI depending upon your use case
Already gave my monthly expense..
Split is probably like below
Rent 20K PM
Utility 7K PM
Online shopping 10-15K PM
Fuel 2-4K PM
Travel/Air/Train 20-50K yearly
School fee 100K yearly
Insurance 40K yearly

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Rent 20K PM
Utility 7K PM
Fuel 2-4K PM
School fee 100K yearly
Insurance 40K yearly
Infinia can cover the online shopping(gyftr vouchers) and travel. It may cover rent as well(some threads say that HDFC is giving cashback on rent even now via Payzapp). I won't recommend a credit card for fuel(bad personal experience).

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If this is due to fuel cards, I agree there is always MCC issue and I won't recommend go for the cards unless for sure we know that fuel station provide rewards.
There are a few valid cases only. If you're an office goer, and the petrol pump falls somewhere along the route or near your home. This may save you some bucks.
For other cases, you need to see if the pump is co-branded with the card, if the pump is in the list provided etc... on top of this, I think it's better to fuel an amount of ₹1000/- or more., because above ₹1000, 1% is greater than ₹10+GST.

Yes, you may save some amount minus the 1% surcharge, and yes, it'll be quite significant amount in the long run. But there are so many variables to juggle with, that's why I recommend people to better be off with a debit card or cash for fuel purchase.

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Why do you need another card?
What are you not getting out of your current cards?

HazelBlotch

TF Select

You could always get an Amex.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Rent 20K PM
Utility 7K PM
Fuel 2-4K PM
School fee 100K yearly
Insurance 40K yearly
I think Infinia, Cashback and apay should suffice for most cases. You could consider SC ultimate if you're eligible.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
FOMO 😭
Apply for IDFC Wealth if just for the sake of getting a card. Benefits are good, reward system, not so much but still a good card and is available LTF. Though I agree with all the others, your existing cards are good enough.

sv004

TF Premier
May i ask why are u using cashback card even when u have infinia. Infinia would give more return than sbi cashback anyday

phani11

TF Premier

Bob Eterna
Idfc wealth both have Accelerated rewards + good offers.