• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest a Super Premium card for non traveler

R@ndomiz€r

TF Select
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade to a super premium card in next 6-7 months. I am not a frequent flier or a traveler. I might have an 4-5 odd trips a year in India but that's more or less it. My majority spends are centred around following categories -

Dining
Online shopping
Rent
Medical/Insurance expenses
Offline shopping
Utility bills

My travels would majorly be railways (frequently) and flights (occasionally).

Which super premium card should I target? My current portfolio is as follows -

Regalia (LTF)
AMEX MRCC (Paid)
AMEX Gold (Paid)
Tata Neu Infinity (FYF)
SBI Simplyclick (Paid)

Thanks for sharing your views and suggestions in advance ☺️🙏

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade to a super premium card in next 6-7 months. I am not a frequent flier or a traveler. I might have an 4-5 odd trips a year in India but that's more or less it. My majority spends are centred around following categories -

Dining
Online shopping
Rent
Medical/Insurance expenses
Offline shopping
Utility bills

My travels would majorly be railways (frequently) and flights (occasionally).

Which super premium card should I target? My current portfolio is as follows -

Regalia (LTF)
AMEX MRCC (Paid)
AMEX Gold (Paid)
Tata Neu Infinity (FYF)
SBI Simplyclick (Paid)

Thanks for sharing your views and suggestions in advance ☺️🙏
I would suggest you getting 1 more AMEX card, AMEX platinum travel - for spends upto 4 lac, it has very high reward rate. you get around 40K points and 10k taj vouchers. (you can use my referral - https://americanexpress.com/en-in/referral/sOURAMyTDF?XLINK=MYCP).
Other that that if you can get Magnus or Infinia, that's even better but for even higher spends.

Another good card is Standard Chartered Ultimate credit with fees of 5k+GST - but it gives points 5k every year so sort of compensate it.
Also default reward rate of 3.3% is fine but no rewards multiplier afaik.

R@ndomiz€r

TF Select
I would suggest you getting 1 more AMEX card, AMEX platinum travel - for spends upto 4 lac, it has very high reward rate. you get around 40K points and 10k taj vouchers. (you can use my referral - https://americanexpress.com/en-in/referral/sOURAMyTDF?XLINK=MYCP).
Other that that if you can get Magnus or Infinia, that's even better but for even higher spends.

Another good card is Standard Chartered Ultimate credit with fees of 5k+GST - but it gives points 5k every year so sort of compensate it.
Also default reward rate of 3.3% is fine but no rewards multiplier afaik.
I am already struggling to spend on MRCC and Gold charge due to AMEX's low offline acceptance despite the fact that I'm in a metro city! I wouldn't be able to spend 4 lakhs through AMEX due very poor acceptance to get those returns.

Ultimate is something that's on my radar as well. For now, I'm somehow putting the itch to get a new card by taking Airtel Axis card 🤣🤣

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am already struggling to spend on MRCC and Gold charge due to AMEX's low offline acceptance despite the fact that I'm in a metro city! I wouldn't be able to spend 4 lakhs through AMEX due very poor acceptance to get those returns.

Ultimate is something that's on my radar as well. For now, I'm somehow putting the itch to get a new card by taking Airtel Axis card 🤣🤣
oh.. SC ultimate is also quite good, but I think there is no accelerated reward system on that.
Also how did you got Airtel axis, offline or online via thanks app?

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

You can buy gift vouchers by that you can easily spend on AMEX. Go for AMEX Trifecta + Infinia / Magnus for Burgundy.

For Airtel Axis : You can try using another mobile number not registered with Airtel.

oh.. SC ultimate is also quite good, but I think there is no accelerated reward system on that.
Redemption options for SCB ULTIMATE has gone poor with no good voucher options apart from few star hotels and Vistara. Coz of which I closed my ultimate within 1 year just before renewal.
So before getting a card also check if the redemption options suits you or not

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Redemption options for SCB ULTIMATE has gone poor with no good voucher options apart from few star hotels and Vistara. Coz of which I closed my ultimate within 1 year just before renewal.
So before getting a card also check if the redemption options suits you or not
Where do you check redemption options for the Ultimate? Do you have any pdf or link?

R@ndomiz€r

TF Select
Online via Airtel app. I was being spammed by them for last few months on WhatsApp. I think it was pre approved offer from Airtel due to my long standing relationship (10+ years actually) of postpaid connection and a prepaid connection as well. So after reading more about it I finally decided to take the plunge before Axis screws it up as well😅😅

R@ndomiz€r

TF Select
You can buy gift vouchers by that you can easily spend on AMEX. Go for AMEX Trifecta + Infinia / Magnus for Burgundy.

For Airtel Axis : You can try using another mobile number not registered with Airtel.
Well the gift vouchers can be exploited a certain limit. I guess I'd keep my spending consistent on both HDFC cards for a couple of years and see if they upgrade Regalia to Infinia.

AMEX trifecta doesn't work well for me as of now because I don't travel much. AMEX Plat Charge or Travel both are more geared towards travel based spends and rewards.

Airtel Axis I've already got it approved and should be delivered in a few days. I've got basic limit of 2 lakhs but I do not intend to use this card for large spends so it works for now.

Ideally I'll close SBI card if they don't make it LTF for me. Just for some annual offers their cards are still not worth with fee and I barely spend anything on that card anyways.

techt

TF Legend

well said brother. Amex gets good PR because of its referral benefits. Sorry no offense to anyone.
Does StanC has good reward redemption catalog ?

R@ndomiz€r

TF Select
well said brother. Amex gets good PR because of its referral benefits. Sorry no offense to anyone.
Does StanC has good reward redemption catalog ?
No idea. It has big basket, uber, ola etc. but these don't serve any purpose so I didn't go ahead with it.

AMEX is good for spending online but that's that. You can maximize AMEX only if you travel a lot else they're good to have cards for the Gold Collection

AMEX can have acceptance issues as you mentioned. The best thing would be to go for Magnus/Infinia Metal or SCB Ultimate but they will also mostly not reward on rent/insurance which are big expenses.

Only card I know that rewards on ALL spends is Amplifi Federal. It has a base reward rate of 3% on top brands