• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

irohitpragya

TF Premier
Hello,

I thinking to open a standard chartered Bank account.

1. Credit card offer
2. Cashback Debit Card

But don't want to maintain 25k because it is better to go with idfc or hdfc at this AMB.

I saw digital savings a/c and 2 in 1 account in their SoC but branch refused.

Anyone have more information.

Attachments

• 20230808_234532.jpg
    20230808_234532.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 231
  • 20230808_234623.jpg
    20230808_234623.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 231

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes. Received Titanium Super Value card LTF with a limit of 5 lakhs in about 3 weeks of account opening. Comes with a Priority Pass that allows 12 international visits per year for Priority clients as well. The application was initially denied but the branch manager took special approval as promised.
Pre-approved application denied? U deposited 50L with them right?

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Pre-approved application denied? U deposited 50L with them right?
Yes, I deposited 50 lakhs split among FDs. It wasn't pre approved. They simply applied for me in a regular application manner after asking for details from me. I received email about submission and then denial a couple of days later. BM said not to worry. I had my doubts but a week later, it was approved.

First email:

Dear XX,

Thank you for applying for a Standard Chartered Credit Card.
Your Credit card application reference no: IN2023102100xxx has been declined for not meeting bank policies.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused in this regard.|

This is a computer-generated message and does not require a signature.

Second email a week later:

Dear XX,

We are pleased to inform you that your Standard Chartered Credit Card has been activated and your Credit Card account number is XXXXXXXXXXXX08XX .

Thank you for applying for Standard Chartered Credit Card.

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes, I deposited 50 lakhs split among FDs. It wasn't pre approved. They simply applied for me in a regular application manner after asking for details from me. I received email about submission and then denial a couple of days later. BM said not to worry. I had my doubts but a week later, it was approved.
Ah ok. But getting that card LTF was not that easy. You killed it with your negotiation skills 🎉

REGIUS24

TF Buzz
you are a good question.
but if you will see SOC of SCB account variants: 25K MAB aXcess Plus account is also eligible for Prime Cashback debit card, so we do not have to fear. thinking that cashback debit card is only for 2L MAB Prime Savings Account, it is eligible for aXcess plus sba holders too
hi technofino prakash, would you please confirm the eligibility once again.. I have axcess Plus account for last 6 months but was denied the Prime Cashback debit card. according to my RM, it's for 2 LAC MAB account holders only.
i was aiming for an upgrade to the ultimate credit card from my cashback card by different means but I was unsuccessful..recently heard from this forum only that cashback debit card rewards were downgraded.

can some one clarify..please??

also if anyone know the advantages of 3 in one account in SCB? as my RM suggested 3in1 account(999+GST PER ANNUM) facilitates maintaining a SAVINGS account with 5k MAB instead of 25k MAB.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
hi technofino prakash, would you please confirm the eligibility once again.. I have axcess Plus account for last 6 months but was denied the Prime Cashback debit card. according to my RM, it's for 2 LAC MAB account holders only.
i was aiming for an upgrade to the ultimate credit card from my cashback card by different means but I was unsuccessful..recently heard from this forum only that cashback debit card rewards were downgraded.

No SC debit card is providing 5% cashback anymore.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Obviously it's for 2 LAC MAB account only.

Yes cashback debit card is now downgraded from Feb 1, 2024. Now cashback will not be credited and instead reward points will be credited that too useless.
also if anyone know the advantages of 3 in one account in SCB? as my RM suggested 3in1 account(999+GST PER ANNUM) facilitates maintaining a SAVINGS account with 5k MAB instead of 25k MAB.
No idea

sujayghosh

TF Buzz
If one decides to go for a MNC bank account as the secondary account, which one is preferable? Not too brothered about offers but reliability (support, stability, good app, no account freeze incidents).

I hold a Standard Chartered credit card and the branch also is nearby. How are they in terms of support? Do they offer zero savings AMB in any account if we create a FD?

Last edited: