• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
I have been a StanChart credit card holder since last two years, the initial plan was to apply for a basic StanChart card (Platinum Rewards) wait for few LEs and apply for SC Ultimate. StanChart never disappointed my in giving the timely limit enhancements and I was the chosen few who periodically received limit enhancements every six months. In a matter of two years, I crossed the 4L limit requirement for SC Ultimate with quite a good margin.

Just when I was about to apply for Ultimate, this happened.

Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 5.07.22 PM.png

SC decided to do devaluation on Ultimate and drastically reduced the reward points on rent, utilities, Supermarkets, Insurance, Property management, Schools & Government payments and fuel. Basically most of the categories which made this card unique were affected by this devaluation. Since there was no point left in going for this card, I chose to defer my plans for the Ultimate upgrade.

In the intervening duration, SC customer care reached out to me and offered me an upgrade to their EaseMyTrip co-branded card. Since Platinum rewards was already useless and Ultimate was out of equation, I decided to opt for this upgrade. The upgrade request was processed instantly and the card was delivered in a matter of 4 days.

Here are the unboxing images.

IMG_6451.JPG
IMG_6453.JPG
IMG_6454.JPG

IMG_6455.JPG
In spite of this being an entry level card, it still offers priority pass with 2 free international lounge access per yer.
IMG_6456.JPG
Here is the list of complete benefits.

IMG_6458.JPG

Though it doesn't make much sense to keep this card given the offers which run time to time on various travel website, still I chose to go ahead with it as I wanted to keep an SC card in my card portfolio with hopes of getting FYF Ultimate in future (considering the devaluation and lot of ultimate cancellations).

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I have been a StanChart credit card holder since last two years, the initial plan was to apply for a basic StanChart card (Platinum Rewards) wait for few LEs and apply for SC Ultimate. StanChart never disappointed my in giving the timely limit enhancements and I was the chosen few who periodically received limit enhancements every six months. In a matter of two years, I crossed the 4L limit requirement for SC Ultimate with quite a good margin.

Just when I was about to apply for Ultimate, this happened.

Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 5.07.22 PM.png

SC decided to do devaluation on Ultimate and drastically reduced the reward points on rent, utilities, Supermarkets, Insurance, Property management, Schools & Government payments and fuel. Basically most of the categories which made this card unique were affected by this devaluation. Since there was no point left in going for this card, I chose to defer my plans for the Ultimate upgrade.

In the intervening duration, SC customer care reached out to me and offered me an upgrade to their EaseMyTrip co-branded card. Since Platinum rewards was already useless and Ultimate was out of equation, I decided to opt for this upgrade. The upgrade request was processed instantly and the card was delivered in a matter of 4 days.

Here are the unboxing images.

IMG_6451.JPG
IMG_6453.JPG
IMG_6454.JPG

IMG_6455.JPG
In spite of this being an entry level card, it still offers priority pass with 2 free international lounge access per yer.
IMG_6456.JPG
Here is the list of complete benefits.

IMG_6458.JPG

Though it doesn't make much sense to keep this card given the offers which run time to time on various travel website, still I chose to go ahead with it as I wanted to keep an SC card in my card portfolio with hopes of getting FYF Ultimate in future (considering the devaluation and lot of ultimate cancellations).
Still for wallets loading ultimate is king
And yes your decision also wise when we see the pp lounge benefits.
When called for card upgrade did u asked fyf ultimate?

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
Still for wallets loading ultimate is king
And yes your decision also wise when we see the pp lounge benefits.
When called for card upgrade did u asked fyf ultimate?
One of my acquaintance already tried for FYF Ultimate and SC flatly refused, also wallet apps already charge a percentage in range of 1.5 to 3% for wallet loads using CC. On top of this, I have LTF Eterna for wallet loads hence didn't ask for it.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
One of my acquaintance already tried for FYF Ultimate and SC flatly refused, also wallet apps already charge a percentage in range of 1.5 to 3% for wallet loads using CC. On top of this, I have LTF Eterna for wallet loads hence didn't ask for it.
Eterna if u have then not even required to think of ultimate
Tip: currently payzapp wallet no load fee
Yes scb is like that they are stingy
In my case with an nrv of 16lac they gave me a 999 fee card as ltf after multiple escalations.

tsj49

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I also got a call for this card and they mentioned, the balance transfer can be done with 0% EMI and no charges. I am not sure if this info. is correct. Can you please check and let us know as you might have the options in the app through this card?

wapenshaw

TF Select
were you able to use this card in a domestic lounge? it says 1 domestic complementary per quarter, I used the PP fine in Istanbul but most lounges in india are operated by Dreamfolks and they or their site aren't accepting this card

SonyTom

TF Premier
Simply applied using the ₹1 method for Ease My Trip card since I already have a SC Smart CC. After submitting application, nothing happened for 2 days. So I simply logged in to SC app. To my surprise it showed Smart and EMT cards. No email or call that it has been approved. Seems it's shared limit with Smart. No information about despatch of the card. Hope the Priority Pass is delivered with the card as it was for OP

telescope

TF Ace
Simply applied using the ₹1 method for Ease My Trip card since I already have a SC Smart CC. After submitting application, nothing happened for 2 days. So I simply logged in to SC app. To my surprise it showed Smart and EMT cards. No email or call that it has been approved. Seems it's shared limit with Smart. No information about despatch of the card. Hope the Priority Pass is delivered with the card as it was for OP
You'll get it within few days by bluedart. Also pp will be in the pack.