• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered Application processing procedure

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
I applied for Smart Credit card in online . gave my mobile number and verified the OTP.

Then the application got stuck , then on next day got a call from Sales person from SCB , they asked me to verify few details and do KYC which will come to my mail from Standard Chartered.

Then after 10 min i got an OTP , they asked me to verify that , I have done that also.

After 1 hour , i got the below mail with application number.

Thank you for your interest in 526 - SMARTCREDIT CARD PRIMARY. Your application has been received and review is in progress.

Then after that I got a call from the sales person saying that i will get VKYC mail but I waited for yesterday fully and didn't get it.

Can someone let me know the below 2 things ,

1. Is my application approved , as I came to know from Sales executive if we are eligible only it goes from 1st stage to Aadhar KYC then to VKYC.
  2. Does Standard Chartered does VKYC , if so after how many days we get the VKYC mail from applying?

Riya

TF Ace
Hi
What is the next step ? Did you submitted the document did u get your card
I'm like the unluckiest person alive.... Submitted application, did e-kyc and after that nothing happened..
Almost a month.... 😡😡😡 Phone kiya to uthate nahi...

Similarly ACE apply kiya tha in the same week, no reply for that too

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I'm like the unluckiest person alive.... Submitted application, did e-kyc and after that nothing happened..

Means rejected…
Standard chartered is a bit shy in telling their customers “No”…

They shied at me twice already in the last 6 months !!!!

Last edited:

gowmara

TF Buzz

I heard they have stopped onboarding easemytrip card. After online apply? Did u get a call and after that u did kyc?

Riya

TF Ace
Pls tell me the process clearly, after u apply online- did u receive call to submit documents and do kyc? After that you application is still pending
I received the email next day to complete e-kyc... I did that, got the acknowledgement mail with application number...
After that nothing, zipp, nadaaa

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I received the email next day to complete e-kyc... I did that, got the acknowledgement mail with application number...
After that nothing, zipp, nadaaa
This is what exactly happens, when you are rejected
This is what they think they politely said about rejection without saying anything…but it was very rude especially coming from an international banker …

Riya

TF Ace
This is what exactly happens, when you are rejected
This is what they think they politely said about rejection without saying anything…but it was very rude especially coming from an international banker …
True... AXIS atleast had the courtesy to say it upfront that due to internal shit, we can't proceed with your request...

Riya

TF Ace
Well!!! Out of curiosity I called standard chartered Bank and asked about the status, my card had been approved last month itself but not yet delivered...
Kya karte hain ye log... Dhandha band karwaenge apna

parthv

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
SC work a bit odd way, I did the entire process including the VKYC (I had to wait for 10 mins looking at the screen for VKYC before an agent attended) two days after it, I communicated with chat support they told me my application is rejected due to internal policy. I was like, fine; and did not pursue it.
But I got a surprise a week later with the card approval text and got my card 3 days later.

Riya

TF Ace
SC work a bit odd way, I did the entire process including the VKYC (I had to wait for 10 mins looking at the screen for VKYC before an agent attended) two days after it, I communicated with chat support they told me my application is rejected due to internal policy. I was like, fine; and did not pursue it.
But I got a surprise a week later with the card approval text and got my card 3 days later.
They were like
39536d900633784940cacb4b83f508f2.gif