• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Some Premium Salary accounts Comparision

sriteja

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had explored Salary accounts with different banks for Salary 1L+ / Month. Sharing it here for everyone. Source of this info was mainly websites, some customer care calls and threads on Technofino. Please let me know if I get it wrong anywhere

AccountInterest RateDebit CardCredit card offeredEligibilityStatusCommentsLink
IDFC Corporate<= 10L --> 4%
> 10L ---> 7%
Free Platinum Debit Card - but no major benefitsEmployer should be in the listCan get a Select or Wealth Program
https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/personal-banking/accounts/corporate-salary-account
HDFC Premium3%Free Platinum Debit Card with 750 Rs cashback on credit card bill paymentProvides LTF cards1. >= 50k salary
2. Employer tied up with HDFC
Can get a RM with Preferred Status - https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/save/high-networth-banking/premier-banking/preferredhttps://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/save/accounts/salary-accounts/premium-with-platinum-debit-card
ICICI Titanium Privelege3%Free Titanium Debit Card. Not much benefitsProvides LTF Cards1. 1L + Salary credit. Not mentioned in website though
2. Employer tie up not needed for salary account but employer needs to be in their lsit for ltf credit cards
Can get privelege status which is below wealthService is good according to several reviews compared to other bankshttps://www.icicibank.com/personal-banking/accounts/salary-account/titanium-salary-account
Kotak Platina3.5%No free debit cardProvides LTF Cards1L+ SalaryCharges on SMS and no free debit card.https://www.kotak.com/en/personal-b...-account/Platina-Salary-Account/features.html
Kotak Creme3.5%Not mentioned but mostly freeProvides White / White Reserve / Zen Credit cards for LTFThrough Corporate eligibility. Maybe employer needs to do some signing up with kotakStatus of Privy League
Axis Priority3%Free Priority Debit Card - no monetary benefits
Just a 25% BMS offer and lounge access
1. 1L+ Salary
2. Employer not needed
Priority StatusNo other charges but has NACH charges of 25 + GST per transacation. Mainly on EMI. Not applicable on MF, bill paymentshttps://www.axisbank.com/retail/accounts/salary-account/priority-salary-account/eligibility-and-documentation
Indus Comfort Exclusive<= 1L = 4%

> 1L <= 10L = 5%

>10L = 6%
Signature Debit card - very
good benefits
Indulge/ Pinnacle Credit Card1. Salary >= 125k
2. Needs Tie up with Employer ( You may open without employer tie up by following this or open a savings account, keep it for 3 months and ask RM to convert it to salary account)
Dedicated Trained RM and home bankinghttps://www.indusind.com/in/en/personal/accounts/corporate-salary-account/comfort-exclusive.html

An valuable comment by @Sreerag reg. different salary accounts - https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/salary-account-recommendation.2676/post-47069

My take on this is that, w.r.t benefits from above salary accounts ---> IndusInd > IDFC > HDFC > Axis > ICICI. (Don't even consider Kotak).

Disclaimer on above order
1. I haven't compared services, as it is subjective and may vary from branch to branch and primarily I didn't experience it.
2. Have ranked IndusInd on top because of interest rate it offers + the debit card benefits.
3. Have added IDFC as second in the list only because of the interest rate it offers. I didn't find it's debit cards rewarding.

Last edited:

balpreet.singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My terrible journey with HDFC Bank as salary bank continues.

So I was unhappy as my salary account gives no benefits apart from a (now completely) useless Diners Club Privilege card. The RM who was supposedly assigned to me never picks the call so I complained to CC and they gave me the contact of another guy who does not pick the phone either.

So I complained to CC again who sent me the form for a Classic account that I have to fill in and submit to, yes, the RM 🙃. I am going to go to the branch and shout at them maybe someone will do something. Where should I complain if the RM does not answer calls?

I raised a fresh request for DCB upgrade through the alumni program but my useless institute is not listed apparently. Will try for Regalia Gold again.

I mean, I should not be running around in circles like this to get service from banks who I am a customer with. And it is a salary account for Gods sake not some Jan Dhan account.
My salary was geting credited to HDFC for 11 years or so. This year in Jan I stumbled that they never tagged my account as a Salary Account. This and other things along with me was such that I started to move out my Salary account. While I escalated to their Cluster Head, I finally decided to move out of HDFC for my salary account. Banks start taking you for granted after sometime as I realized.

ALOAK

TF Ace
It is the same with all banks they promise one thing and do the opposite and they also know other banks does the same all the sales and RM have network with other bank. Morning they fight for accounts and targets evening they get togeather and enjoy just like our politicians. My axis salary accountb prime RM never picks and when I email it get bounced. So I gave up too .when I called care is there any upgrade they said I can upgrade to burgundy when I asked can you upgrade they say have to go to branch. Also asked if upgrade will I get magnus ltf he said their is no provision of ltf for magnus and am not eligible. I have no choice as I had lot of experience with salary account with hdfc axis and other banks both are same characters for some without question they will do or give superpremium card and others they say no point blank. Citi was best they clearly tell what one gets and no charges on salary accounts now that axis has taken over am worries at the scale of service that would diminish. Am unlucky with super premium cards.

V3NOM

TF Buzz
Can someone elaborate how IndusInd is good?
Well a little late here but, my experience with IndusInd has been between good to excellent in past 2 years. I have 'Select' account which I opened by giving 50k initial deposit and maintaining it as interest offered is better than other banks. Their app and Internet banking is simple with good UI and I never faced any problems especially related to points redemption as some people in the community have mentioned. Their 'select' and 'exclusive' accounts provide good value for money. Again reviews may differ branch to branch overall found good reviews about IndusInd.
Note - 1)From yesterday savings account interest rates have been reduced below 1 lakh balance they now give 3.5% as opposed to 4%. Rest everything is same.
2) With 'Select' and 'Exclusive' debit cards you can earn upto 0.93% reward for paying credit card bills thru PayTM/Mobikwik(Last month itself I got points worth approx 800 rupees for paying 96k credit card bill)
3) BookMyShow BOGO offers are only available in first 6-7 days of every month after which quotas get exhausted and refresh only on 1st of next month.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Well a little late here but, my experience with IndusInd has been between good to excellent in past 2 years. I have 'Select' account which I opened by giving 50k initial deposit and maintaining it as interest offered is better than other banks. Their app and Internet banking is simple with good UI and I never faced any problems especially related to points redemption as some people in the community have mentioned. Their 'select' and 'exclusive' accounts provide good value for money. Again reviews may differ branch to branch overall found good reviews about IndusInd.
Note - 1)From yesterday savings account interest rates have been reduced below 1 lakh balance they now give 3.5% as opposed to 4%. Rest everything is same.
2) With 'Select' and 'Exclusive' debit cards you can earn upto 0.93% reward for paying credit card bills thru PayTM/Mobikwik(Last month itself I got points worth approx 800 rupees for paying 96k credit card bill)
3) BookMyShow BOGO offers are only available in first 6-7 days of every month after which quotas get exhausted and refresh only on 1st of next month.
Thank you for the recap. 😂

MoneyMaven

TF Buzz
Depends on which facilities you are referring to. I have visited the bank just 4-5 times in last 2 years and all my requests were done with in 1 visit only.
I want to avoid visiting the branch, which is why I prefer all facilities to be online. It could be as simple as an address update to account upgrades

codenerd

TF Ace
Which card do you use on BMS from Indusind? I have never been able to get BMS offer using either my indusind Debit or legend credit card.

Trust Me

TF Ace
I have 'Select' account ... Their app and Internet banking is simple with good UI and I never faced any problems ...
If you have patience, then only consider opening an account with IndusInd. 🤣

Hehe, you probably weren't talking about their netbanking experience, which tries my patience the most!

For some reason, often a mouse click would put the screen in a hanging mode for nearly a minute (maybe more) before recovering! If it's something not urgent, I'd just quit, and give a rating of 1 or 2 on logout. That never makes any difference though, and it would behave the same way the next time too! It's been happening for almost two years now! Indusind netbanking is quite unique in this regard.

I've not tried their mobile banking.

V3NOM

TF Buzz
Which card do you use on BMS from Indusind? I have never been able to get BMS offer using either my indusind Debit or legend credit card.
Indus Select Visa Signature. The offer is valid for limited quotas. From my experience the offer can be availed only between 1st to 5th of every month after which the quota gets exhausted and refreshes 1st of next month. Sometimes the quota is available till 7th as well but for sure you may get to redeem the offer in 1st to 5th. I know it is very annoying but can't help it either. AU, Axis Magnus, Burgundy debit and some other cards have no quota.

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_133559.jpg
    IMG_20230811_133559.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230811_133612.jpg
    IMG_20230811_133612.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 16

V3NOM

TF Buzz
Hehe, you probably weren't talking about their netbanking experience, which tries my patience the most!

For some reason, often a mouse click would put the screen in a hanging mode for nearly a minute (maybe more) before recovering! If it's something not urgent, I'd just quit, and give a rating of 1 or 2 on logout. That never makes any difference though, and it would behave the same way the next time too! It's been happening for almost two years now! Indusind netbanking is quite unique in this regard.

I've not tried their mobile banking.
TBH I don't frequently use its netbanking but whenever I used. it worked fine. Sometimes it surely does give problems. I would say its fine, nothing great not too bad either