• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Solved)Help Needed: Facing Error While Unlocking Aadhar - Invalid Key Info in Digital Signature

its_karan

TF Ace
Have you encountered or dealt with this error while trying to unlock your Aadhar?

Error: 'Invalid key info in digital signature (this means that the certificate used for signing the authentication request is not valid, it is either expired, or does not belong to the AUA)'

If you've faced this issue or know how to resolve it, please share your suggestions and solutions here. Let's help each other out!
Edit: Solved by UIDAI

Attachments

• ApplicationFrameHost_q2WaTY3f0v.png
    ApplicationFrameHost_q2WaTY3f0v.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Tejo

TF Legend
Have you encountered or dealt with this error while trying to unlock your Aadhar?

Error: 'Invalid key info in digital signature (this means that the certificate used for signing the authentication request is not valid, it is either expired, or does not belong to the AUA)'

If you've faced this issue or know how to resolve it, please share your suggestions and solutions here. Let's help each other out!
Edit: Solved by UIDAI
Could please say us, how it solved?

Because some people can find solution for their query in future.

its_karan

TF Ace
Could please say us, how it solved?

Because some people can find solution for their query in future.
Sure,

First, I sorted out whether this was an individual case or a system-wide issue.

I tried unlocking my family member's Aadhar to check if it was a server issue or specific to my Aadhar. It turns out it was a server-side system-wide issue.

Then I called 1947.

After 3 attempts, I talked to three different agents. One of them took the complaint, registered it, and sent the SRN number to my mobile. They usually deny any server-side/portal issues as Aadhar is considered perfect.

Then I tried unlocking it the old-school way, which is the SMS way. I'll mention the steps below:

Step 1: Keep your Virtual ID handy. The Virtual ID is the number used in lieu of Aadhar Number when you lock it. In case the Aadhar is locked and you have misplaced the message containing the VID, SMS this: RVID 1111 or RVID<SPACE>Aadhaar-Number-last-4-digits. You will receive your VID via SMS.

Step 2: SMS this: GETOTP 222222 or GETOTP<SPACE>Virtual-Identification-Number-last-6-digits. You will receive an OTP.

Step 3: SMS this: UNLOCKUID 222222 333333 or UNLOCKUID<SPACE>Virtual-Identification-Number-last-6-digits<SPACE>OTP-received. Your Aadhar will be unlocked if the server issue is resolved. Until then, keep trying every hour by sending the Step 3 SMS until you receive the "Your Aadhar is unlocked" reply.

Do not trust UIDAI Mail or telephonic agents to even understand the issue, let alone solve it. If the issue wouldn't have been resolved in 3-4 hours, I would have gone to my nearby HDFC bank branch, which also runs an Aadhar Sewa Kendra, and used my banking relationship to resolve the Aadhar issue.

Last edited:

Tejo

TF Legend
Sure,

I tried unlocking my wife's Aadhar to check if it was a server issue or specific to my Aadhar. It turns out it was a server-side system-wide issue.

Then I called 1947.

After 3 attempts, I talked to three different agents. One of them took the complaint, registered it, and sent the SRN number to my mobile. They usually deny any server-side/portal issues as Aadhar is considered perfect.

Then I tried unlocking it the old-school way, which is the SMS way. I'll mention the steps below:

Step 1: Keep your Virtual ID handy. The Virtual ID is the number used in lieu of Aadhar Number when you lock it. In case the Aadhar is locked and you have misplaced the message containing the VID, SMS this: RVID 1111 or RVID<SPACE>Aadhaar-Number-last-4-digits. You will receive your VID via SMS.

Step 2: SMS this: GETOTP 222222 or GETOTP<SPACE>Virtual-Identification-Number-last-6-digits. You will receive an OTP.

Step 3: SMS this: UNLOCKUID 222222 333333 or UNLOCKUID<SPACE>Virtual-Identification-Number-last-6-digits<SPACE>OTP-received. Your Aadhar will be unlocked if the server issue is resolved. Until then, keep trying every hour by sending the Step 3 SMS until you receive the "Your Aadhar is unlocked" reply.

Do not trust UIDAI Mail or telephonic agents to even understand the issue, let alone solve it. If the issue wouldn't have been resolved in 3-4 hours, I would have gone to my nearby HDFC bank branch, which also runs an Aadhar Sewa Kendra, and used my banking relationship to resolve the Aadhar issue.
Uidai agents almost temporary and volunteer

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Sure,

I tried unlocking my wife's Aadhar to check if it was a server issue or specific to my Aadhar. It turns out it was a server-side system-wide issue.

Then I called 1947.

I did the same thing too today but no worked either. Have got srn number so waiting it will be resolved. Gave a shot again now it didn't worked.