• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

{Solved} Axis Magnus - Travel edge and Yatra

saver-user

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I just wanted to double sure with people who used it. I got my cousin bro who called me he needed a flight booked from Patna to Dubai.
Flight cost 11588rs
So I thought why not put Magnus to use? Did anyone try Magnus on travel edge? or Yatra (if we buy from Gyftr)
Magnus base reward rate = 6 points per 100
(No convenience fee) For travel edge = 5X reward points, so 11588/100 = 115x6 = 695. Now 5X points = 695 X 5= 3475 points which are around 2800 miles.
(850rs convenience fee) For yatra = 10X points = 11588/100 = 115x6 = 695. Now 10X points = 695 X 10= 6950 points which are around 5560 miles

2800-5560 Miles + Milestone benefits. Sounds too good to be true. Literal 24-47.9% back as miles. (I and my son fly frequently so it is useful to us)

Can anyone confirm my calculations are right? and will these travel edge transactions get added to milestone spends?
Plz anyone who has tried this or has proper knowledge about this answer.

Thanks. I tried Yatra also for my return booking. It was quite complex to estimate price and come back to gift edge and buy vouchers and go and book. Gift edge mentions 3 vouchers can be used but didn't mention they have to be in same denominations.

I thought it was like Yatra cash to be added and pay using it but it is not. I didn't read this forum properly. So ended up using only one voucher and other one is there. But at least they have validity till end of October.

Do you know whether they can be used for any other booking in yatra?

Traveledge is neat and clean without convenience charges. I will use it from now on 👍
Yes the Yatra vouchers can be used for many things including flights, hotel, etc.
They can be used for train booking also, but I am not sure for that part.
Even if you don't wish to use it, you can list it on websites like Zingoy, and still you'll be in profit considering 10x points

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Guys,
As we know till now the max denomination available for Yatra vouchers was 5k and max 3 in one go, so 15k tickets were allowed to be book in one shot.
Now, guess what, they have brought back 10k denomination vouchers again, which increase per booking to 30k in one shot.
Such an useful update brought about by Yatra and Gyftr.
Please check it out, and make sure to stock it up before it gets out of stock due to upcoming demand.
1682621684116.png

Also, experts please share your views as to will you prefer Yatra over Traveledge now, as one major flaw of lower booking size has gone?
@Wealth is my birth right!
@Unknown1
@anirban.choudhury
@Theo
@TheMentalist
@CVR
@CMG
@WhoU
@Copycat
@R!ppEr
@Harry1
@MilesMax
@bvc19296

Yatra 10K vouchers gone too fast. Only 5K available now.

Attachments

• 1682942451936.png
    1682942451936.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 21

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This was already expected from Yatra and Gyftr.
That was the main reason of specifying to stock up if anyone has definite travel plans.
Still, if you are booking domestic, you can book in parts, each ticket separate.

Yes for domestic hotels and flights it works in parts. For Intl Hotels also we can split it if the value is less than 15K. This will work.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I used the Yatra 1k remaining voucher to do bus booking and it worked. No convenience fee also charged for bus booking. Ticket cost was same as Redbus or Abhi bus. So managed to get rid of the voucher but may use it in future as there is no Redbus - Smartbuy equivalent in Axis traveledge for bus booking.

No coupon on traveledge.

I meant on Yatra site there would be existing coupon like YATRAINTL, DOMESTIC15 etc right.
So while checking the price among Yatra and travel edge, in Yatra I had applied one such coupon and thought Yatra is a good deal and I could get 10x points as well.
But if you use any existing coupons then Yatra gift card cannot be used so without coupon Yatra is very expensive.
I am surprised how can Yatra become *very* expensive if coupon is not applied? Yatra has 10x and TravelEdge has only 5x so even without coupon on Yatra you would get more points than what you get if booked on TravelEdge. What am I missing?

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am surprised how can Yatra become *very* expensive if coupon is not applied? Yatra has 10x and TravelEdge has only 5x so even without coupon on Yatra you would get more points than what you get if booked on TravelEdge. What am I missing?
So the price directly on Indigo website was 39k
In traveledge it was 42k
and in Yatra it was 45k.
There was some coupon on Yatra which I don't exactly remember, which was giving 3.5k off on international flights. So effective price on Yatra would be 41.5k, little bit less than traveledge.
so I was super happy and bought 5k Yatra voucher, but then in the final step where you put gyftr voucher, it says you cannot club existing coupon with voucher!! So if I had to use Yatra voucher I had to forgo the 3.5k discount.
also max coupon I could use was 15k (limitation we know of)
So you see even though I get 10x points for 15k remaining is just 1x and also I'll be paying 3k more compared to Traveledge.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In traveledge it was 42k
and in Yatra it was 45k.
There was some coupon on Yatra which I don't exactly remember, which was giving 3.5k off on international flights. So effective price on Yatra would be 41.5k, little bit less than traveledge.
so I was super happy and bought 5k Yatra voucher, but then in the final step where you put gyftr voucher, it says you cannot club existing coupon with voucher!! So if I had to use Yatra voucher I had to forgo the 3.5k discount.
So you see even though I get 10x points for 15k remaining is just 1x and also I'll be paying 3k more compared to Traveledge.
Here the remaining amount is much more, but you can also use Amazon Pay to get 3X (Gyftr GV) instead of 1X by Magnus directly

In traveledge it was 42k
and in Yatra it was 45k.

It was 39k all in? As in the final pricing with all "convenience & inconvenience fees"? In such a case, the extra 6k out of pocket, challenges of booking through Yatra and buying and managing vouchers etc. not to mention any future refund/rebooking challenges, are never worth it. Especially if you're a frequent traveler. I would have gone through TravelEdge at best. Would you come of better if you could apply the 3.5k discount - not in any meaningful way really....

Generally I avoid these online "apply a voucher" scheme. If I can load a wallet I'm in. Otherwise vouchers are pretty much for offline shopping for me. That's why Ola, Blinkit and till recently Zomato and so many more don't get my business. If you trip up somewhere you're just screwed. I learned that the hard way through MMT where I lost a huge amount of money (ok it was 1.5k but still didn't like it).

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It was 39k all in? As in the final pricing with all "convenience & inconvenience fees"? In such a case, the extra 6k out of pocket, challenges of booking through Yatra and buying and managing vouchers etc. not to mention any future refund/rebooking challenges, are never worth it. Especially if you're a frequent traveler. I would have gone through TravelEdge at best. Would you come of better if you could apply the 3.5k discount - not in any meaningful way really....

Generally I avoid these online "apply a voucher" scheme. If I can load a wallet I'm in. Otherwise vouchers are pretty much for offline shopping for me. That's why Ola, Blinkit and till recently Zomato and so many more don't get my business. If you trip up somewhere you're just screwed. I learned that the hard way through MMT where I lost a huge amount of money (ok it was 1.5k but still didn't like it).
Yes, 39k all in. Direct on Indigo was the cheapest.
I only bought Yatra voucher for 5k to test because I had faced the same issue with Netmeds & Apollo too. If you use an existing coupon, you won't be able to use Gyftr voucher for payment. For medicine purchases their existing 15-20% off coupons will make a lot of difference

I went ahead with traveledge since that made more sense. Now my Yatra voucher is unused. will probably use it sometime.

I use swiggy vouchers all the time since it's wallet load. Even Instamart & restaurant payments on Dineout. It's the best one for me.

What happened with MMT?

What happened with MMT?

It was many thousand years ago so I don't remember exactly what happened. I had bought some vouchers through DCB and for whatever reason could not utilize them properly on a transaction. I lost ~1.5k by having to to use those vouchers to make an almost forced booking through MMT later on. The money wasn't too much but the hassle was. And I decided it's not worth the hassle at all.

As part of my overall miles strategy I avoid paying extra cash upfront in almost all cases. I look at that as "purchasing miles" and then I've lost the game there. Take your case for instance - (TravelEdge) I would probably pay 2-3k extra for ~8-9k extra miles. Sure. But would I pay another 3k on top of that for and additional ~1-2k extra miles. Absolutely not.

In traveledge it was 42k
and in Yatra it was 45k.
Thanks for explanation. Yatra is lucrative only if we are able to use vouchers to fullest. You not only paid less by booking on Travel edge, you also received higher ER.

Code:
Yatra - 45k
15k vouchers = 9k ER (due to 10x)
rest 30k by magnus = 1.8k ER
total 10.8k ER

Travel edge - 42k
total 12.5k ER (due to 5x)

Saved 3k and also received higher ER by booking through Travel edge.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is there a monthly cap on the value of Yatra vouchers that can be purchased? Planning to book 2 tickets (kind of round trip). One of which is about 8K which fits into 2.5K*3 vouchers. The other isn't final so that remains to be decided.