• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Solar Power Plant - Way to future!

Hello TF Community,

Completed 1 yr for my Solar power plant this week and generated 3800 units of electricity.

Screenshot_2023-05-19-19-54-14-650_com.growatt.shinephones-edit.jpg

A bit about my setup -
It's an On Grid setup.
540W x 6 Jinko half cut mono perc panels and 3kW Growatt inverter.
My typical household usage was 150 units a month. With addition of EV, expected it to go around 250 units.

Total generation of 3800kWh for past yr, with avg of 310kWh/month.
Highest - 372kWh in April 23
Lowest - 222kWh in July 22

This is after not so much maintenance of solar panels.
Have cleaned my panels myself only twice in this yr as it has been raining at least once a month.

Paid only ₹100x12months as fixed charges for last yr.
Now i have got a credit of ₹3300 in this bill from MSEDCL, so nothing to pay from now on.

By this rate i would get back my ₹2L investment in ~7yrs as per my calculations. Faster if i drive my Tata TigorEV more. 😜
And panels have warranty of 20yrs. So it's basically free electricity for next 13yrs.

I would certainly recommend everyone to go for it (if its possible).
This is an investment which will not only help you personally, but it'll help our community and environment as well.

Cheers!

(@TechnoFino - Couldn't find matching category, so have put this under finance guide.)

Last edited:

bhavik886151

TF Premier
Gujrat, i heard, is the best state to get solar.
There state govt is giving lots of subsidy. Plus the sunny weather makes your system a lot more efficient.

Whats yearly generation from your plant on avg?
yes one of the best state for home solar roof top plant.

subsidy is great and you received subsidy amount before the plant installation so no need to worry about it.

on an average of 12 months our plant generate around 3200 units from last 2 full year

maverick

TF Premier
My 3.115 kw vikram bifacial solar panal(445watt×7) generated 5935 units in 13 month and 23 days i.e. avg 14.20 unis/day

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230523_160446.jpg
    Screenshot_20230523_160446.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 13

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My 3.115 kw vikram bifacial solar panal(445watt×7) generated 5935 units in 13 month and 23 days i.e. avg 14.20 unis/day
Wow bifacial vikram... I almost paid for same panels...

But then got 540w Jinko ones.

What was installation cost for your setup?
Any idea of the price difference between bifacial and single side setup for the same configuration.
Last yr the difference quoted to me between bifacial and normal was 20% in panel costs.

maverick

TF Premier
Wow bifacial vikram... I almost paid for same panels...

But then got 540w Jinko ones.

Last yr the difference quoted to me between bifacial and normal was 20% in panel cost
In my case Dealer quoted no difference in price whether you want to purchase half cut mono Park or bifacial halfcut monoperk. actually I was dealing with vikram M.P. main dealer, initially he was denying to deliver only 7 panels but at last I convince him.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
But import/export calculation happens at net meter, how is your inverter app getting that data?
They have installed a current transformer coil (CT) around the wire that feeds power to my house (after the meter). This measures current flowing into the house and provides the data to a controller. Controller in turn feeds it to cloud using home wifi.

Sample CT coil link provided for your reference. You can set up something like this on your own too.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Gujrat, i heard, is the best state to get solar.
There state govt is giving lots of subsidy. Plus the sunny weather makes your system a lot more efficient.

Whats yearly generation from your plant on avg?
higher temperature does not help. It reduces efficiency of the panels. There rating of the panels is generally done at 45c operating temp and efficiency drops with any increase in temperature

bhavik886151

TF Premier
higher temperature does not help. It reduces efficiency of the panels. There rating of the panels is generally done at 45c operating temp and efficiency drops with any increase in temperature
we have maximum 42-43 temp here so not worry about the temp and panels efficiency.

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I meant clear weather when i said sunny. 😁

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
What is the average cost per KW for a solar plant(mono perc panels)? I received quotes in the range of 70k-1L/KW in Bangalore. I request you all kindly mention the date of commencement, plant size(in KW) and cost. This would help us all who are considering getting a solar plant at our homes to make a much more informed decision.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is the average cost per KW for a solar plant(mono perc panels)? I received quotes in the range of 70k-1L/KW in Bangalore. I request you all kindly mention the date of commencement, plant size(in KW) and cost. This would help us all who are considering getting a solar plant at our homes to make a much more informed decision.
I installed in 2022 May. I paid 2.3 lakhs for 2.8kW plant with micro inverter and no subsidy. The price includes 9 feet high structure to mount solar panels, quartely cleaning for first 5 years and all BESCOM fees. I did not have to pay anything extra or roam around to get approvals or sign Power purchase agreement.

I had very good experince with my installer, If you like I can refer them. He will give you some additonal discount and referal bonus for me:)

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1yr ago

For poly panel - ₹60 - ₹65k/kW
For halfcut mono - ₹65k - ₹70k/kW
For bifacial mono - ₹70k - ₹75k/kW

± 10% fabrication requirement, micro inverter etc

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
1yr ago

For poly panel - ₹60 - ₹65k/kW
For halfcut mono - ₹65k - ₹70k/kW
For bifacial mono - ₹70k - ₹75k/kW

± 10% fabrication requirement, micro inverter etc
Wow. That's a good deal. May I know which brand of solar panels are these quoted for?