• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Singapore Trip for July

karthikbuchi

TF Buzz
Hi All,

We are planning for Singapore Trip next month. What would be the ideal way to book Flight tickets from Bangalore to Singapore and vice versa.
I don't have enough miles to use Singapore Airlines Spontaneous Escape Offer. Does it make sense to buy krisflyer miles and use this offer.

I have below points accumulated till now.
Vistara points: 50k pts
Axis ER: 18k

I have Axis magnus and Vistara Infinite credit cards.

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
hi all can we elaborate this thread. Flights , visa, hotel stay, food, attractions, airport pickup ,travel in Singapore, drop. What are the best options.
krisflyer @14000
accor stays
thrillophilia/klook seems on par with travel edge experiences Vs
go city pass
any particular hotels near attractions recommended?
any hotel with free pickup drop to airport or attractions

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Hi All,

We are planning for Singapore Trip next month. What would be the ideal way to book Flight tickets from Bangalore to Singapore and vice versa.
I don't have enough miles to use Singapore Airlines Spontaneous Escape Offer. Does it make sense to buy krisflyer miles and use this offer.

I have below points accumulated till now.
Vistara points: 50k pts
Axis ER: 18k

I have Axis magnus and Vistara Infinite credit cards.
Those points would barely get you one return ticket that too with a very bad redemption value.

Did you transfer points to Vistara or you have earned them thru some co-branded card?

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
hi all can we elaborate this thread. Flights , visa, hotel stay, food, attractions, airport pickup ,travel in Singapore, drop. What are the best options.
krisflyer @14000
accor stays
thrillophilia/klook seems on par with travel edge experiences Vs
go city pass
any particular hotels near attractions recommended?
any hotel with free pickup drop to airport or attractions
Singapore is a Costly City when it comes to Cabs. You are better off booking Group day tours or explore the City via Public Transport. Very few hotels would provide a Free Airport Pick-Up or Drop, forget attractions.

karthikbuchi

TF Buzz
Update on this thread:
After evaluating all the options, booked flights through axis travel edge.

Now booking hotels through Accor and have opted visa processing, sight seeing and others using an agent

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sight seeing by agent what are the rates u are getting. How is it compared to traveledge experiences

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nice to see the detailed info @amit , I have just started planning for a 3 day singapore trip (part of a longer SE Asia trip). Definitely helps

moudapns

TF Buzz
Hi All,
I am planning to go to Singapore in Sept'23 and having
Vistara CV- 28 K
Axis EP - 150 K
Please guide whether to use these points for flights or for hotel booking (Family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids))

Thanks in advance.

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All,
I am planning to go to Singapore in Sept'23 and having
Vistara CV- 28 K
Axis EP - 150 K
Please guide whether to use these points for flights or for hotel booking (Family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids))

Thanks in advance.
First step - Check out the revenue ticket price of your preferred airline and hotels for your exact dates. it will depend on which airport you want to fly out of, which area in Singapore you want to stay and how many days trip you are planning..

Anyone giving advice will need -
1. Preferred airline and city ur flying out of? dates to see if award seats are available in those dates..
2. No of days hotel stay planned in Singapore? and preferred hotel and area?

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In my opinion - look for Accor group hotels in singapore (Ibis, novotel, swissotel, pullman, mercure etc) hotels as a preference coz incase ur getting better value of ur points for hotel redemption(accor) then you can buy flight tickets out of pocket.. and incase ur preferred hotel isnt part of any loyalty program then can use all points for flights and pay for hotel out of pocket.

moudapns

TF Buzz
Thank you @QUIKSILVER27 for your response. We will be traveling from Delhi, No preference for airlines and total 5 nights stay will be there.
Preferred area : Near to Metro Station or little India.

akf

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Update on this thread:
After evaluating all the options, booked flights through axis travel edge.

Now booking hotels through Accor and have opted visa processing, sight seeing and others using an agent
Hi Karthik, did you do some research on Accor hotels ? I see a lot of price differences based on categories and even within categories.

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am in Singapore now travelling with kids & spouse. I showed kids things to do in Singapore in pelago and klook. Made a list of things they wanted then planned according to location.
I went to Bugis on Friday got some momentos & food
saturday Singapore zoo & night safari, u can take some juices along.
sunday live turtle museum & river wonders birds also u can do if u want all in same area mandal reserve
shuttle is there from khatib mrt station but 3 dollars per person plus mrt charges. If u have more people in group, can be better to take grab taxi like I did.
Monday universal studio. If it rains like it did today only 2 rides are mainly indoors, mummy & transformers. Long queues in normal & express pass also. It’s very tiring
Tuesday I read online universal studios may be closed.
will go to gardens of the bay & marina observation deck , art science museum.
Wednesday rest of sentosa island lots of activities as per ur interest.