• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I take a SBI Credit card?

Ekavya

TF Premier
Hello people. I need your help to decide whether I should get a SBI card or not. Today a SBI bank employee called me and offered me pre approved credit cards. But I told them that I wasn't interested in it at that time. Then she told me that I can contact her if I change my mind.

I hold HDFC Neu, Axis Ace, Flipkart, IOCL Rupay, ICICI Coral, Amazon ICICI, Platinum Cc. I already have a SBI add on card from by Brother.

My primary spending are on Electricity Bill, Amazon and Flipkart Shopping.(Specially On Festive Sales).

So my question is should I take any SBI credit card? Would any SBI card be beneficial for me ? I am asking this because getting SBI card is quite tough as I don't have a valid income source. And I am thinking about Closing Flipkart axis card as the joining fee is hard to wave off (3.5 lakh) . Please give me some suggestions

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello people. I need your help to decide whether I should get a SBI card or not. Today a SBI bank employee called me and offered me pre approved credit cards. But I told them that I wasn't interested in it at that time. Then she told me that I can contact her if I change my mind.

I hold HDFC Neu, Axis Ace, Flipkart, IOCL Rupay, ICICI Coral, Amazon ICICI, Platinum Cc. I already have a SBI add on card from by Brother.

My primary spending are on Electricity Bill, Amazon and Flipkart Shopping.(Specially On Festive Sales).

So my question is should I take any SBI credit card? Would any SBI card be beneficial for me ? I am asking this because getting SBI card is quite tough as I don't have a valid income source. And I am thinking about Closing Flipkart axis card as the joining fee is hard to wave off (3.5 lakh) . Please give me some suggestions
If you dont have any SBI Card , it is better to take it...
Ask them to give SBI Cashback card if possible... this will be agreat card..
Other cards are also fine for any SBI related offers..
Once you get the SBI CB card, then you don't need FK Card, you can safely close that...
All the best

Last edited:

dhiraz

TF Ace
Getting first SBI card is easy imo. Just apply from sprint (Cashkaro for extra reward) but Except for SBI Cashback all other cards are useless. I just use it for occasional bank offers..
But OP Has Not Valid Income Source If He Apply Through Sprint Then Application Can Be Rejected as Mine Also Rejected Two Times

Ekavya

TF Premier
Thanks you all guys for your suggestions. So one SBI card is sufficient specially for sales. And only SBI cashback credit card is worth keeping. Thanks again.

PRASHANTTHAKUR

TF Premier

First of all check if she is sbi employee or any third party agent,
Sbi never call from personal number and you can't call back on these numbers,
As she said if you change your mind then you can contact her, These are the words of third party agent.

So that means there is no pre approved credit card offer and your application will process as normal application.

dhiraz

TF Ace
As she said if you change your mind then you can contact her, These are the words of third party agent.

So that means there is no pre approved credit card offer and your application will process as normal application.
Exactly That I Am Also Thinking
SBI Bank Employee Never Call To Customer Like This

Ekavya

TF Premier

Actually she told me to go to certain number of Counter of my Home Branch. Which made me believe it was authentic. So my question is can third-party be present inside a SBI branch?

Mruseless

TF Premier

Tomorrow I got the same call from a personal,he said me that he have pre-approved Ltf Simply save Rupay credit card for me.When I ask him for written intimation on my mail. He denied,He said that he didn't have a employee email ID so he can't mail.Maine bhi keh Diya jab mil jaaye to call kr lena,then he said that sir you are not interested. Moral offer the story,yaa as a credit card lover we always wants that we got pre-approved offer And ltf card from these bank but be aware Rasgulla meetha hai to agal bagal makhi bhi hogi 😂

Card

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Tomorrow I got the same call from a personal,he said me that he have pre-approved Ltf Simply save Rupay credit card for me.When I ask him for written intimation on my mail. He denied,He said that he didn't have a employee email ID so he can't mail.Maine bhi keh Diya jab mil jaaye to call kr lena,then he said that sir you are not interested. Moral offer the story,yaa as a credit card lover we always wants that we got pre-approved offer And ltf card from these bank but be aware Rasgulla meetha hai to agal bagal makhi bhi hogi 😂
These are DSAs. They will not get employee email address.

PRASHANTTHAKUR

TF Premier
Actually she told me to go to certain number of Counter of my Home Branch. Which made me believe it was authentic. So my question is can third-party be present inside a SBI branch?
Ask them for email from official mail I'd,
And as you said about branch visit,
So as per my past experience these are tricks used by them to gain trust,
To verify the fact call her and tell her that I'm in sbi branch which you told to ask,where are you i want to meet you in person,
Definitely she will cut the call.