• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I close the OneCard?

n00b

TF Premier
Hi,

I have OneCard FD based which I mostly use for Swiggy offers.

Recently, I got My Zone LTF which gives Rs. 120 off 4 times per month as you all know.

So, is there any reason to still keep the OneCard?

I know they don't offer another card as per their policy but I don't think I will need it.

Would love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 16965

Sometimes offers on OneCard are decent like currently 5% off upto Rs 50 on CRED for utility bill payment. Card is already LTF so no harm in retaining it.

SSMV

TF Select
Hi,

Recently, I got My Zone LTF which gives Rs. 120 off 4 times per month as you all know.

I know they don't offer another card as per their policy but I don't think I will need it.

Thanks.
If you close they would never issue card again

Rohan

TF Premier
If you close they would never issue card again

In my case Federal bank don't issue another credit card because I have existing onecard with them. If I close onecard and apply it after few months will they consider my application? or direct rejection anyone has tired?

cryoengine

TF Premier
In my case Federal bank don't issue another credit card because I have existing onecard with them. If I close onecard and apply it after few months will they consider my application? or direct rejection anyone has tired?
It should work. once you close the onecard, wait for it to reflect in cibil report as closed.

cryoengine

TF Premier
Hi,

Thanks.
I would argue to keep the card if it was not FD based card. There is no path forward, there will be no LE. Your money is just sitting there. The only drawback is, if it's your oldest card, then it is contributing to your credit history and maybe affect your score short term if closed.

D

Deleted member 16965

I would argue to keep the card if it was not FD based card. There is no path forward, there will be no LE. Your money is just sitting there. The only drawback is, if it's your oldest card, then it is contributing to your credit history and maybe affect your score short term if closed.
CIBIL score does not have any impact on closing oldest card if the credit history is clean and clear while maintaining other cards. I had an oldest card of 8 years with clean credit history which I closed and now I have an average credit history of just 1 year. My CIBIL score has not even dropped by a single point and still the score is maintained above 790. (Oldest card was closed few months back)

cryoengine

TF Premier
CIBIL score does not have any impact on closing oldest card if the credit history is clean and clear while maintaining other cards. I had an oldest card of 8 years with clean credit history which I closed and now I have an average credit history of just 1 year. My CIBIL score has not even dropped by a single point and still the score is maintained above 790. (Oldest card was closed few months back)
I agree, the oldest credit card rule doesn't apply when you have a long/clean history. But in this case, people took one card secured because they couldn't get any other unsecured card and wanted to build credit history. But ye, the impact is minimal, if there is anything at all.

gowthamv

TF Premier
Hi,

Thanks.
The T&C of MyZone-Swiggy offer is going to be changed right?

120 off on 500+ only..Is that right?