• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I close pay later services?

aspirar

TF Buzz
I had opened Amazon and Flipkart pay later accounts so that my credit score gets generated.

In some places I've read that it is not good for your credit profile as it shows up as a personal loan, and in some places I've read it is good because it helps keep a good credit mix.

Should I let these remain, or is it better to close these services? I haven't used these to buy anything, nor do I ever plan to.

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
I had opened Amazon and Flipkart pay later accounts so that my credit score gets generated.

In some places I've read that it is not good for your credit profile as it shows up as a personal loan, and in some places I've read it is good because it helps keep a good credit mix.

Should I let these remain, or is it better to close these services? I haven't used these to buy anything, nor do I ever plan to.
If you have credit card, then certainly close the pay later services.

And anyway, once your credit score is generated, having a diversified credit mix is not a big deal. Factors which affect credit score the most are on time payments and total due outstanding.