• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I close my LTF Coral Rupay Card?

gischethans

TF Buzz
I currently have these Rupay credit cards
  • ICICI Coral Rupay - LTF
  • Axis Neo Rupay - LTF
  • HDFC Tata Neu Infinity - FYF, took the plunge just a week back as it felt awful to earn just 20p, 25p in terms of points from Axis and Coral.
For Neu, my spending is only on Tanishq and at this point, I am not very confident about hitting the 3L milestone though 2L+ looks possible. With that spend, I am hoping for its LTF conversion.

Since I also have Amazon Pay, Sapphiro dual variant - Amex, MC from ICICI all as LTF, I wonder if I must close the Coral Rupay card. It earns pittance in terms of rewards and to take advantage of bank offers multiple times in rare situations during an offer season, I have two Sapphiro cards and even an ICICI debit card.

However, given its non-co-branded nature, I see value in retaining the Neo Rupay card as an additional Axis card.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Whoa... 25 lac limit on coral.... amazing 👏
More surprisingly icici is taking fee for this... just close it. Cibil may not drop much since you already have other icici cards and you will be saving money and efforts. And if you are lucky, icici might try to make it ltf( only if you want it)
I am actually thinking of trying to make my paid emeralde ltf. So i dont want to waste the ltf chance on coral, with closure retention offer (if they have any). They said no to me few times already on emeralde upgrade to metal. Or if they give me ltf coral, i will ask for emeralde ltf instead. But ye chance lene mein darr lag raha hai.

But few months se ye wasted limit thatak raha hai. Cc close karne se limit wala loan acc close ho jayega and can open ways for new offers.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am actually thinking of trying to make my paid emeralde ltf. So i dont want to waste the ltf chance on coral, with closure retention offer (if they have any). They said no to me few times already on emeralde upgrade to metal. Or if they give me ltf coral, i will ask for emeralde ltf instead. But ye chance lene mein darr lag raha hai.

But few months se ye wasted limit thatak raha hai. Cc close karne se limit wala loan acc close ho jayega and can open ways for new offers.
...then simply close this and focus on the Emeralde...and new offers....

Ak Singh

TF Premier
Here it is:
and more details here..

technofino-image-bank-reporting-date-png.373

When indian bank reports to cibil?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
  • Axis Neo Rupay - LTF
  • HDFC Tata Neu Infinity - FYF, took the plunge just a week back as it felt awful to earn just 20p, 25p in terms of points from Axis and Coral.
For Neu, my spending is only on Tanishq and at this point, I am not very confident about hitting the 3L milestone though 2L+ looks possible. With that spend, I am hoping for its LTF conversion.

Since I also have Amazon Pay, Sapphiro dual variant - Amex, MC from ICICI all as LTF, I wonder if I must close the Coral Rupay card. It earns pittance in terms of rewards and to take advantage of bank offers multiple times in rare situations during an offer season, I have two Sapphiro cards and even an ICICI debit card.

However, given its non-co-branded nature, I see value in retaining the Neo Rupay card as an additional Axis card.
Coral may lead path to rubyx and sapphiro
Change to visa and keep it active
Rupay u can use by tata card (rewards there)
Offlate lot of merchandise qr not taking upi from rupay card
So consider all facts please

Riya

TF Ace
  • Axis Neo Rupay - LTF

Looking at your ICICI portfolio, it seems the coral card is your oldest.... So closing it might hamper your credit score...

suhasa010

TF Premier
Same question as OP. Took it when I had the pre-approved offer few months back. But literally never used for anything. Rarely travel by train (also have IDFC fo lounge) and I have better cards for movies.
Plus I already have Sapphiro LTF and Amazon Pay.

Here it is:
and more details here..

technofino-image-bank-reporting-date-png.373

UPDATE: SBI reporting to credit bureaus 3 days after completion of our Bill due date, I noticed this in my 2 cards and my father's card as well, In my case the bill gen date is 10th of every month and due date is 30th and reporting date is 3rd of next month I don't know whether it is applicable to all SBI Card holders but I recently noticed this in my Credit Report(CIBIL).

Last edited: