• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Share your experience of BOB Cards application process

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
BOB is totally irritating to say atleast. Applied (EASY, C2C) two days ago, vkyc done instantly, status was:
(Edit) Day 0: Application and V-Kyc done simultaneously, no issues or wait.
(Edit) Day 2: Status changed from '...in process' to 'V-Kyc pending...link sent to email/mob'.
(Edit) Day 4: Status again changed to '...in process'.
(Edit) Day 7: Agent called for In person address verification - Came within 30 mins from main branch (50 km away). Asked questions like - no. of family members, years of stay, occupation and active years (not salary), landmark, took photo of house. No IDs were checked surprisingly, so its only address verification. (Total time took - 15 mins)
(Edit) Day 8:
A phone call came from regional branch, regarding the person who came for IPV, asked if he was wearing ID, asked money, whether I was present at home etc (1 min call)
(Edit) Day 13: Now application status shows "Connection reset.... invalid application number"
(Edit) Day 17: Finally after waiting patiently for 17 days, I got the APPROVAL SMS.

(Edit)
Yes, my BOB card application got approved, without any enquiry/approach from my side to the BOB team, after applying online. Seems like BOB tried to stick with its 15 days card approval timeline. As of now I don't know the card variant, network and limit provided.
But one thing I understood, If you upload all the documents asked during online application, you are less harassed by the bank, and chances of approval is more.
In my case, I uploaded only the card photo and 3 months card statement (of C2C card, ICICI Apay, 50K limit) in a combined single PDF, Aadhaar and PAN card photo as asked during application, and the person who came for IPV didn't even asked to see me IDs even on my insistence.

And so it is clear that BOB accepts C2C application with co-branded Anazon pay card, with very less credit limit. Also, I have no prior relationship with BOB. I will update when I know my approved limit. Cheers 🥂.

(Edit, Day 1) I have decided not to contact BOB from my side, whether they approve or reject the application, since I saw many members telling customer service is clueless and approval time is more than 1 month for most. Will note the events though, once everyday and update.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I had applied BOB easy (c2c) a week ago, did vkyc the same day. I have no BOB branches nearby (rural area), Today a BOB CC agent came from the district HQ just to verify the address and took photograph of house and asked some questions related to residence and work place. I don't understand where this is heading, since a guy came from 40km just to verify address. Took a cibil hit from BOB already. No emails, no calls so far.

AsB

TF Ace
I had applied BOB easy (c2c) a week ago, did vkyc the same day. I have no BOB branches nearby (rural area), Today a BOB CC agent came from the district HQ just to verify the address and took photograph of house and asked some questions related to residence and work place. I don't understand where this is heading, since a guy came from 40km just to verify address. Took a cibil hit from BOB already. No emails, no calls so far.
You should consider yourself lucky that BOB has sent someone to verify your address :ROFLMAO: . Normally banks don't serve customers, who are far away from Cities. My home for example is only 20 km from the nearest city (the capital of my state). Even then a large bank like Kotak Bank is not serving the customers here, even when all major Private and Govt. banks are present.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
You should consider yourself lucky that BOB has sent someone to verify your address :ROFLMAO: . Normally banks don't serve customers, who are far away from Cities. My home for example is only 20 km from the nearest city (the capital of my state). Even then a large bank like Kotak Bank is not serving the customers here, even when all major Private and Govt. banks are present.
If I receive a survey call of that guy tomorrow, I will consider it one step in positive direction for me. But strangely, he did not see any of my IDs or documents, even on my insistence to see some IDs.

AsB

TF Ace
If I receive a survey call of that guy tomorrow, I will consider it one step in positive direction for me. But strangely, he did not see any of my IDs or documents, even on my insistence to see some IDs.
That is not a problem. If you uploaded ID Documents, and you were available during the physical verification, then banks will generally not ask for ID proofs again. The final decision rests with BOB, but still document verification has happened means, in case your application is rejected (which should not be), then you can get the card next time more easily.

akshayhs

TF Ace
They didn't bother to include statement generation date in the welcome letter. I had to file an L1 grievance because the emails never worked. Equally worse crime!

i have done vkyc 1 week ago
but this status is showing now
till Yesterday there was document incomplete status
what to do now anyone help

Attachments

• image_picker5716630535867844989.png
    image_picker5716630535867844989.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 17
why did you sent card photo via email ? did they ask you that ? IPV is in person verification of home and work address.
yes they asked for card photo with expiry for c2c application all banks require this

IPV not done yet
till yesterday even documents steps was not completed because i was having some address mismatch in aadhar

so yesterday i mailed them that if they can process application with this pls process otherwise leave and today this status was showing so i was a little worried.