Shady job by ICICI

AlgoTrader

I am holding ICICI Amazon pay card for last few years and I wanted another card for ICICI offers. So I logged into net banking and went through application process to apply for new card last month.
I was offered few cards as LTF, so I selected Sapphiro Dual Variant. I got the card delivered in few days and I am using it actively too. I mailed the Customer card and got it in writing that it is LTF. Please note my salary is below 1.5L PM and I am not from their elite college list as well. But all good so far.

Yesterday, all of a sudden, I got an email from ICICI. In the email, It was mentioned, "thanks for applying for ICICI Emirates Sapphiro card, your application is under process". Application date of this card was same as the date I applied for Sapphiro Dual Variant. This was a shock, as I never applied for this card. This card has 5K annual fee too.
I dropped an email to them and dialed them as well, they confirmed someone wrongly applied for this card from backend and they will cancel this application.

But I asked them, who applied for it on my behalf without my approval, and they are not responding to it and apologizing repeatedly. This is not right. Anyway, they said, application will be cancelled in 7 working days. Is this enough or should I follow up with them to find more about this shady practice?

himanshu15

I am holding ICICI Amazon pay card for last few years and I wanted another card for ICICI offers. So I logged into net banking and went through application process to apply for new card last month.
I was offered few cards as LTF, so I selected Sapphiro Dual Variant. I got the card delivered in few days and I am using it actively too. I mailed the Customer card and got it in writing that it is LTF. Please note my salary is below 1.5L PM and I am not from their elite college list as well. But all good so far.

Yesterday, all of a sudden, I got an email from ICICI. In the email, It was mentioned, "thanks for applying for ICICI Emirates Sapphiro card, your application is under process". Application date of this card was same as the date I applied for Sapphiro Dual Variant. This was a shock, as I never applied for this card. This card has 5K annual fee too.
I dropped an email to them and dialed them as well, they confirmed someone wrongly applied for this card from backend and they will cancel this application.

But I asked them, who applied for it on my behalf without my approval, and they are not responding to it and apologizing repeatedly. This is not right. Anyway, they said, application will be cancelled in 7 working days. Is this enough or should I follow up with them to find more about this shady practice?
Same thing happened to me also. Applied for rubyx ltf in july and got the card. And after 2 months received the mail for Emeralde Mastercard on 4th Sept. Asked cc for details. Waiting for their replies.

ICICI is very strange about some things. About a year ago, I got an email from them stating that they had received my application for their MMT card and that a copy of the application was attached. I already had this card for a few years and had not applied for it. On reviewing the attached application, I saw that it was completely fraudulent with totally wrong information filled out for my work, income, father’s name and so on. I immediately contacted their customer service and they were totally unconcerned and didn’t do anything. I explained that someone was committing fraud with them under my name and they kept saying they can’t see this new card in their system and I can cancel it if I don’t want it after it arrives. My repeated requests to cancel the application and investigate were ignored. They didn’t even understand what I meant when I asked them to remove the CIBIL enquiry. Then I contacted the branch manager and he was equally unconcerned. I called 3 to 4 times and asked for senior CC and no one seemed to care at all. Then I contacted the branch manager again and demanded that he do something. Finally, he gave me the number of their North India credit card team head on the condition that I don’t disclose that he had provided it. She was very smart and helpful and canceled the application but said that she had no way of removing the CIBIL enquiry. Really shocking that they didn’t care about this obvious fraud even after I explained that I hadn’t applied, already had the same card and that the name of my employer, the address, income and father and brother were completely fake.

Another time, last year, I had to close a FD with a small bank and they asked for another bank account cheque to transfer the amount. By chance I had a cheque from ICICI and I provided it. It was a relatively small amount of around 35 lakhs. A day after it was credited, I got calls from the brach asking me to explain where the money came from and to provide documentation. I was amazed as I routinely transfer crores to even small finance banks and no one has ever asked any questions. I refused to answer questions and they even had very senior officials call me. My reply was always the same: is there any law in India that prohibits an account holder from transferring any amount to his account? Please cite the law and then I will answer the questions. They are free to file a SFT with the income tax department if they consider it suspicious. I just transferred the amount away from that account. Totally bizarre.

NOOBY

0 NRV, was holding only Amazon Pay CC from icici, don't even have a savings account with them. Got the card almost 5 years back I guess
wtf!!!!!

I have MMT Plat and salary account since last 5 years now... and I had to fight with them (by that I mean actual, shouting in BM office, mailing senior management and complaining about my RM & BM, threatening to close my account, FDs and cards, etc etc ) for Sapphiro LTF

Please tell me your branch, I want to shift my account there :ROFLMAO:

TheTrickySid

wtf!!!!!

I have MMT Plat and salary account since last 5 years now... and I had to fight with them (by that I mean actual, shouting in BM office, mailing senior management and complaining about my RM & BM, threatening to close my account, FDs and cards, etc etc ) for Sapphiro LTF

Shouting in BM office only to get a paid card as LTF 🙄🥴

AlgoTrader

wtf!!!!!

Branch? I told you i don't have any account with icici bro. I have only CCs.. Earlier Apay and now sapphiro. Still surprised with the offering though even though the card is not worth much other than BOGO and longue access
On contrast, I have a 12+ year relationship with hdfc and have salary account, ppf there and holding money back card for 5+ years with 11L limit. Still they are not offering any upgrades. Seems all the banks treat existing customers like shit

pprakash11

never done that. I though we will get to see only the score over there and not the report. Am I wrong?
Yes you are wrong.

Full CIBIL Report is visible through GPAY / AIRTEL THANKS / AMAZON & FREECHARGE.

ONE SCORE also gives full insights but report is not downloadable.

You can straightaway go to AMAZON app to fetch the civil score & report for free.

shrewdoc

ICICI is very strange about some things. About a year ago, I got an email from them stating that they had received my application for their MMT card and that a copy of the application was attached. I already had this card for a few years and had not applied for it. On reviewing the attached application, I saw that it was completely fraudulent with totally wrong information filled out for my work, income, father’s name and so on. I immediately contacted their customer service and they were totally unconcerned and didn’t do anything. I explained that someone was committing fraud with them under my name and they kept saying they can’t see this new card in their system and I can cancel it if I don’t want it after it arrives. My repeated requests to cancel the application and investigate were ignored. They didn’t even understand what I meant when I asked them to remove the CIBIL enquiry. Then I contacted the branch manager and he was equally unconcerned. I called 3 to 4 times and asked for senior CC and no one seemed to care at all. Then I contacted the branch manager again and demanded that he do something. Finally, he gave me the number of their North India credit card team head on the condition that I don’t disclose that he had provided it. She was very smart and helpful and canceled the application but said that she had no way of removing the CIBIL enquiry. Really shocking that they didn’t care about this obvious fraud even after I explained that I hadn’t applied, already had the same card and that the name of my employer, the address, income and father and brother were completely fake.

Another time, last year, I had to close a FD with a small bank and they asked for another bank account cheque to transfer the amount. By chance I had a cheque from ICICI and I provided it. It was a relatively small amount of around 35 lakhs. A day after it was credited, I got calls from the brach asking me to explain where the money came from and to provide documentation. I was amazed as I routinely transfer crores to even small finance banks and no one has ever asked any questions. I refused to answer questions and they even had very senior officials call me. My reply was always the same: is there any law in India that prohibits an account holder from transferring any amount to his account? Please cite the law and then I will answer the questions. They are free to file a SFT with the income tax department if they consider it suspicious. I just transferred the amount away from that account. Totally bizarre.
Never heard ICICI demanding show cause to customers. It was my first time hearing that. Their suspicion is only reasonable when one does a cash transaction of that amount. Was it a rural branch or an urban branch asking such questions?