• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Credit Card Suggestion for Upcoming Marriage Spends

DayFine2162

TF Buzz
I am about to get married this year and there will be higher one time purchase. Can you guys suggest me suitable credit card for maximizing rewards? . My current credit card expense is around 25k per month and monthly salary is >2L.

My current portfolio:
ICICI Apay (LTF)
Flipkart Axis (LTF)
Regalia (LTF)
SC smart (paid)
IDFC Select (LTF)
Indusind Plat (LTF)

Thanks

I am about to get married this year and there will be higher one time purchase. Can you guys suggest me suitable credit card for maximizing rewards? . My current credit card expense is around 25k per month and monthly salary is >2L.

My current portfolio:
ICICI Apay (LTF)
Flipkart Axis (LTF)
Regalia (LTF)
SC smart (paid)
IDFC Select (LTF)
Indusind Plat (LTF)

Thanks
Which Industry do you work for - it or finance?

DayFine2162

TF Buzz
Marriage means usually it will be Jewelry, Apparel and Grocery. So, focus on the cards that provides best reward rate on these categories or any if missing.

Note: It also depends on how you want the return cashback, voucher or airmiles - what's your preferred and useful method? based on that we can look for your required card/s.
Preferring cashback but I am open minded on air miles.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge

My current portfolio:
ICICI Apay (LTF)
Flipkart Axis (LTF)
Regalia (LTF)
SC smart (paid)
IDFC Select (LTF)
Indusind Plat (LTF)

Thanks
Brother congratulations :)

On a lighter note, you should close all your Credit cards before this special day :p

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I'm going to suggest something different.
Get Amex gold charge, Amex MRCC and Amex travel plat or reserve.

Amex allows either 2cc one charge card or 2 charge and 1 cc.

Gold series is for shopping and platinum is for travel.

I'm also considering you will be going on honeymoon, there these will come in handy, amex gives much more premium experience and they are easy to get and cheap to keep. Your online shopping is going to be negligible, you will mostly spend on offline.

Sine you are high earner, your partner might be one too, you will surely hit branded jewelers shop like Tanishq, which is one of the brands amex gives accelerated rewards in their reward multiplier platform.

Check here I'm putting all worthwhile cards for you from amex.

Its better if you apply via referral, of course anyone can give you one here (including me of course)

See, on MRCC, you get 1k MR bonus for 1.5k *4 and 1k MR more bonus if you hit 20k per calendar month.
With gold charge you get 1k MR bonus for 1k*6, and best benefit, sometimes amex offers MRCC as a LTF complementary card on Gold charge.
Charge plat and reserve will have more travel/hotel related benefits, reserve also gives eazydiner prime membership, which you will be also using quite a lot if you go out dinning with your partner (you can't really escape that)

For places where amex won't work, I suggest keeping visa/master which give best return, which may include premium cards or straight cashback cards.

For online shopping just in case keep SBI cashback.

Other than that, keep LTF cards from all banks, sometimes marriage also means new home and new electronics, might come in handy to cash in in-store offers. Nothing beats amex in this area too and HDFC is close second. They give flat discounts and special offers.