• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Secured credit card with lounge access

doineedto

TF Buzz
Hey members!

I am looking for a secured credit card which will give me a decent number of lounge accesses. The primary use of the card is to build a non existent cibil score. Usage on the card will not be more than 20k a month. Looking to lock in the least amount possible with the FD.
Please suggest the best route forward. Also let me know if the best route is to get a simple secured credit card to build the cibil score and use lounge accesses from a debit card.

Thanks!

Das.N

TF Ace
You can get ICICI Coral FD based card. They offer 4 Airport lounge access and 4 railway lounge access in a year . FD amount starts from 30000 for coral. You can start with the amount. But remember you will get 90% limit from your fd. So your limit will be 27000. But to create a good credit score your utilisation must be low. So I suggest you to create a little bigger amount fd

Das.N

TF Ace
For your spending of 20000 per month, I am giving you a precise calculation. If you create a fd of 75000 then 75000X90%=67500 will be the limit. And you can use 67500X30%=20250 every month. Because less than 30% use is recommended for good cibil. Rest your decision.

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
For your spending of 20000 per month, I am giving you a precise calculation. If you create a fd of 75000 then 75000X90%=67500 will be the limit. And you can use 67500X30%=20250 every month. Because less than 30% use is recommended for good cibil. Rest your decision.
No need to lockin high amounts only for less utilisation.
Utilisation can also be kept lower by paying the bill before the reporting date.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
You can get HDFC & IndusInd cards with FD easily. Every variant have their own minimum FD requirement.

Like for HDFC Millenia & IndusInd Legend, you need ₹1L minimum FD. They have good no. of lounge access as well. 8 per year.

If you don't want to lock in higher amount, try for Flipkart Axis Card at minimum 20k FD. It provides 4 lounge access per year.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
You can get HDFC & IndusInd cards with FD easily. Every variant have their own minimum FD requirement.

Like for HDFC Millenia & IndusInd Legend, you need ₹1L minimum FD. They have good no. of lounge access as well. 8 per year.

If you don't want to lock in higher amount, try for Flipkart Axis Card at minimum 20k FD. It provides 4 lounge access per year.
One thing I would like to ask does Axis FK have per quarter limit for lounge access or all 4 visits per year can be exhausted in 1-2 days?

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Hey members!

I am looking for a secured credit card which will give me a decent number of lounge accesses. The primary use of the card is to build a non existent cibil score. Usage on the card will not be more than 20k a month. Looking to lock in the least amount possible with the FD.
Please suggest the best route forward. Also let me know if the best route is to get a simple secured credit card to build the cibil score and use lounge accesses from a debit card.

Thanks!
If you maintain decent MAB with any bank, would suggest you to directly apply for an unsecured credit card with them. Most banks issue cards on No Credit History.

Taking your first card as an secured card would not be ideal, as closing the oldest card can negatively affect your credit score in the future.

Hence, I would recommend you to take any unsecured card, LTF if possible, for the time being and later after 1 year, apply for a better card with any other bank.

Meanwhile, as recommended by @Akashn, get a debit card with decent lounge benefits.

Last edited:

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey members!

Thanks!
Get any secured CC from a PSU bank as if you get a secured CC from a private bank later you may have the problem in getting the pre-approved offer. For lounge access get any Rupay DC and you'll get 2 Lounge Access Per Quarter.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
Taking your first card as an secured card would not be ideal, as closing the oldest card can negatively affect your credit score in the future.
hi, i read on some other threads that some banks upgrade the secured card to unsecured ones and give back the fd amount like kotak. would you suggest secured card in that case, since im assuming the credit history will be maintained.

jetesh

TF Ace
Are we getting a Federal Scapia Credit Card against FD ? And the amount required to secure a Scapia Credit card ?

unusedbrain1

TF Premier
Hey members!

Thanks!
you have asked the wrong question. I think u should do The research first.
Firstly tell us Which Airport lounge u will be using then only one can suggest anything. Not all card have all place of lounge access. SO MENTION YOUR airport form where u will be traveling frequent