• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Ultimate devaluation

Virgo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Standard Chartered has also joined the recent trend of devaluing credit cards. Their most prized no frills card, Ultimate, will now face following restrictions effective 2nd April 2023:

1)​
Transactions on Utilities, Supermarkets, Insurance, Property Management, Schools & Government payments will now earn 3 reward points on every INR 150 spent.​
2)​
No reward points will be earned on Fuel transactions. However, you will now enjoy a surcharge waiver of 1% on fuel spends. Fuel surcharge waiver amount will be capped at INR 1000 per month.​

3) 1% processing fee (plus applicable taxes) for rental payments made using Standard Chartered credit cards.

Point number 3 will be applicable for all SC credit cards.

This puts an end to one of the best no frills card I have held so far.

helloworld

TF Legend
That's on their non voucher list of items only. I don't encourage to redeem in that category, it's huge loss over what we spend to accumulate 60k rps.

Its just an option, not recommendation. Instead of going over united colors etc. I can purchase this speaker at 0.70p value and sell it Offlline at 0.60p value, if I want.

Its already huge loss to what we spend to accumulate 15k points (~4,50,000 rs.), when redeeming on non-required vouchers which are absolutely no use for that person or can't see any value in them.

Sometimes what we think as worst, can also be best for some.

helloworld

TF Legend
Is it still good to take SC ultimate? (Paid or LTF)

If you find useful of those vouchers, take it.. make atleast 3 or 4 vouchers in your preferred redemption list, so incase if they removed one, you'll have another.

Otherwise you're paying 5000 for those cloth brands which otherwise you may not go. Do not assume you're paying GST only, if you can't redeem thse 5000 vouchers, you're paying that too.