• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI WEALTH BANKING

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The point of any wealth management account is not account or card benefits but access to Portfolio and Investment Services.
SBI Wealth gives you access to SBI Caps which offer PMS, AIF as well as trading services.
They trade on your behalf and with your consent depending upon your risk appetite.
On a decent day, they can generate profits of 5 figures and on a good day, profits of 6 figures easily (again dependent upon how much you are willing to trade).
Getting a wealth management account and not utilizing the trading services is like buying a Ferrari Sports Coupe and then complaining that it can only seat two people.

Is there any minimum limit for the investment? For a trial run, I would put in about 1-2L and after that maybe 5L at the most. I'm aware that these are laughably small figures when you're talking about 5 & 6 figure returns (which probably implies an investment of 50L-1.5Cr)

If you don't mind my asking, what has been your average monthly returns (%) for the last year? Monthwise, if possible, so I can correlate the same with a) my own ham handed, haphazard trading during the last year b) my SIPs

AjaxS

TF Buzz
Is there any minimum limit for the investment? For a trial run, I would put in about 1-2L and after that maybe 5L at the most. I'm aware that these are laughably small figures when you're talking about 5 & 6 figure returns (which probably implies an investment of 50L-1.5Cr)

If you don't mind my asking, what has been your average monthly returns (%) for the last year? Monthwise, if possible, so I can correlate the same with a) my own ham handed, haphazard trading during the last year b) my SIPs
Get in touch with them to understand the entire range of services. And you don't need an investment of 50 L to 1.5 Cr to make a 5-figure profit. They make use of swing trading, momentum trading, margins and options.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
No, it does not display Wealth anywhere, neither in OnlineSBI, nor on YONO/YONO Lite. SBI Wealth had a dedicated app earlier, which essentially tracked your (linked) MFs too (via SBI Securities), and which could be together seen in the app itself. However, the app was badly done, and I don't know of anyone who took that app with any seriousness, or used it to any appreciable degree.
It does show in your Yono App. Account description is mentioned as "WEALTH S B PUBLIC" for me

Paradjanov

TF Buzz
It does show in your Yono App. Account description is mentioned as "WEALTH S B PUBLIC" for me
You're perhaps referring to the SB A/c variant, which does reflect as "Wealth S B Public" in SBI's apps and internet banking. (Bhagat Singh, who I responded to, said the same.) But my comment was that, that SB A/c variant apart, there is no "Wealth" (livery, etc) anywhere.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
You're perhaps referring to the SB A/c variant, which does reflect as "Wealth S B Public" in SBI's apps and internet banking. (Bhagat Singh, who I responded to, said the same.) But my comment was that, that SB A/c variant apart, there is no "Wealth" (livery, etc) anywhere.
Sorry, I didn't read what was posted earlier. Yes, after Yono was introduced, all the accounts seemed to be operated from the same app. Hopefully, they will provide a different UI for wealth users. Either way, I don't think it is something to be bothered about as long we enjoy the benefits. It's the same with BOB Radiance as well. No special regalia is displayed anywhere to indicate HNI banking. I guess it's the case with most PSUB's HNI banking programs.

Bhagat Singh

TF Premier
Yes, they do. Not immediately though, but if your total (profile) wealth falls beneath the threshold, you can reasonably expect to get a call/e-mail from them, asking you to put in more money, without which they would downgrade you by such-and-such date.
How do you maintain relationships with them 30 lakhs balance or in mutual fund etc??

I had 2 years old general savings account. I wasn't using it since i opened. I went to close it. There i saw wealth management team. I inquired about wealth account and they upgraded my account immediately to wealth. Within 3 hours i got confirmation via sms and my new atm and cheque book also applied. They issued me visa debit card. As they said rupay select is for people 50 lakhs sbi wealth account.

Paradjanov

TF Buzz
How do you maintain relationships with them 30 lakhs balance or in mutual fund etc??

I had 2 years old general savings account. I wasn't using it since i opened. I went to close it. There i saw wealth management team. I inquired about wealth account and they upgraded my account immediately to wealth. Within 3 hours i got confirmation via sms and my new atm and cheque book also applied. They issued me visa debit card. As they said rupay select is for people 50 lakhs sbi wealth account.
Probably they upgraded you since you were wishing to close it. They retained you with an upgrade.

Reg. RuPay Select, I've no clue. The Debit Cards for me (and whoever else in SBI Wealth that I know of) have always been on Visa Signature.

Bhagat Singh

TF Premier
Probably they upgraded you since you were wishing to close it. They retained you with an upgrade.

Reg. RuPay Select, I've no clue. The Debit Cards for me (and whoever else in SBI Wealth that I know of) have always been on Visa Signature.
It's been a year and half since they started issuing rupay select for SBI wealth but it is only issued if asked specifically. By default they issue visa.

They retained me with upgrade but I won't be maintaining more than 2-3 lakhs. They also didn't tell me when and how downgrade occurs.

Rm only told" sir criteria toh aapko ptaa hi hai
Wo aap kr hi loge"