• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Prime Utility bill payment rewards work out to be 5%?

Begger

TF Buzz
As per the SBI Prime Card reward scheme it says, Earn 20 Reward Points per Rs.100 spent on standing instructions of Utility Bills payments, with a capping of 3,000 Reward Points per month (
That means if I pay the bills using the bill pay option directly, I get 20 reward points, which can be equated to 5 rupees. Effectively giving me 5% cash back?
Also, It says standing instructions, so should it be auto payment-enabled transactions only? Has anyone used these services?

moneynerd

TF Buzz
haven't enabled standing instructns but i feel there are better cashback cards than sbi, have been using axis ace for utility payments (5% cashback on bills)
relatively unheard of option - recently got the federal amplifi card as well, the 3% rewards on paymebts are uncapped so thats interesting too

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As per the SBI Prime Card reward scheme it says, Earn 20 Reward Points per Rs.100 spent on standing instructions of Utility Bills payments, with a capping of 3,000 Reward Points per month (
That means if I pay the bills using the bill pay option directly, I get 20 reward points, which can be equated to 5 rupees. Effectively giving me 5% cash back?
Also, It says standing instructions, so should it be auto payment-enabled transactions only? Has anyone used these services?
Is the CashBack thing getting credited into Card A/c.

helloworld

TF Legend

devarshi84

TF Buzz
The SI option is for prime advantage and not regular prime. I get email offering Cashback every month on non-si payments. Got Cashback on the statement previously.

Prime advantage SI offer of points seems better as Cashback on prime is capped at 350rs

helloworld

TF Legend
The SI option is for prime advantage and not regular prime. I get email offering Cashback every month on non-si payments. Got Cashback on the statement previously.

Prime advantage SI offer of points seems better as Cashback on prime is capped at 350rs

I do not have that card but advantage = FD based card in SBI and features all are same in every variant. If you're referring product page, do note that they may not update properly because people apply FD based Prime rarely nowadays, but if you're saying based on experience and personal use, good to know that.

Also, this feature earlier exist in both variants and later got removed in 2022 or so IIRC. So, I believe they didn't updated the page properly and real features and benefits can be viewed when we receive welcome letter.

JAM

TF Buzz
I have been getting the 20 Reward Points per Rs.100 spent on standing instructions of Utility Bills payments on SBI Prime Card. It was mentioned in the welcome booklet and on enquiring with SBI customer care they have no idea about anything(they read the website back to you), I got different answers from different executives so decided to try and see for myself and have been getting the points.