• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sbi prime closure/downgrade

Shroud

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have Sbi prime card which I no longer intend to use and thinking of closing it. I have some questions regarding the call from retention team -

1) Can I negotiate this card for conversion to LTF?
(Has anyone on the forum been successful in getting this card LTF?)
2) Can I ask them to downgrade this card to sbi cashback cc?
3) Should I ask them to give me Simplyclick/Simplysave LTF just for offers?
(These cards are way too pathetic to even keep in wallet but still....)

rayhan12

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't select any option and skip..... When they call, firmly ask for LTF only....... If they deny, just ask for fee reversal and say that you were able to see option in website...... Btw, how old is your card and how much have you spent on it?
Around 4 years old and I did not spend much last year but before that, it was around 7L.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Kitne din purana tha?
Aur kitna spend kiya tha??
Thoda detail mein batao.....
Wo sab fark nahi padta.

Fees bill me lagne ke baad, pay karo full amount.

Then closure request dalke, call ka wait karo, agle din call aayega.

Phir bolo LTF ke liye. Fees reversal to ho hi jaega.

Shroud

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wo sab fark nahi padta.

Fees bill me lagne ke baad, pay karo full amount.

Then closure request dalke, call ka wait karo, agle din call aayega.

Phir bolo LTF ke liye. Fees reversal to ho hi jaega.
Maine yahi kiya tha voh bhi 6-7 months use karne ke baad aur acchi spending bhi thi....... Retention team vale ne fees reversal ka request bhi raise kiya tha...... Lekin 2-3 din ke baad voh decline ho gaya......
I'll try again after completing one year or else downgrade.......

D₹V

TF Prestige
Maine yahi kiya tha voh bhi 6-7 months use karne ke baad aur acchi spending bhi thi....... Retention team vale ne fees reversal ka request bhi raise kiya tha...... Lekin 2-3 din ke baad voh decline ho gaya......
I'll try again after completing one year or else downgrade.......
Fees charged hoga tabhi to reversal hoga 🤣

Aur statement generation ke next month ke andar karwalo waiver.

Shroud

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got 12000 reward points equivalent to annual fees as retention instantly. Also, allowed to downgrade the card if I wish. Can I still go ahead and cancel?
It's totally upto you. Depends on how much you use the card, what other cards do you have etc. Also, you could keep the card for one more year and see.