• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI issued cashback card after I complained to Principal Nodal Officer. But they have given me a limit of 10,000 rupees. Feels like a slap in the face

Sachs

TF Select
When I applied for SBI Cashback card I got about 11 to 12 calls & two people came and verified my identity physically. But even after that they rejected my card application for a reason beyond my comprehension. I first complained to nodal officer. When I did not get a positive response even after waiting for a month, I wrote a letter to principal nodal officer stating that I will close my 7 year old SBI salary account and my existing BPCL card as I was disappointed with their service. After one month I got a mail which said my application was getting processed. In next 1 week the Cashback card got delivered to my home.
As I opened the envelope, I was flabbergasted to find that I had been handed over a limit of meager 10k.

Felt totally like a beggar. I have Magnus Card, HDFC Regalia & AUSFB cards which have limit of 5 lakh each. My BPCL card has a limit of SBI 3lakh.

I dont know what to do with this. Should I close all my relationship with SBI??
Or should I simply use what I have got and wait for limit enhancement.

If I do wait for such an enhancement, when can I expect to get a decent limit of 1.5 lakh. ??

Angry and Confused.:mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
When I applied for SBI Cashback card I got about 11 to 12 calls & two people came and verified my identity physically. But even after that they rejected my card application for a reason beyond my comprehension. I first complained to nodal officer. When I did not get a positive response even after waiting for a month, I wrote a letter to principal nodal officer stating that I will close my 7 year old SBI salary account and my existing BPCL card as I was disappointed with their service. After one month I got a mail which said my application was getting processed. In next 1 week the Cashback card got delivered to my home.
As I opened the envelope, I was flabbergasted to find that I had been handed over a limit of meager 10k.

Felt totally like a beggar. I have Magnus Card, HDFC Regalia & AUSFB cards which have limit of 5 lakh each. My BPCL card has a limit of SBI 3lakh.

I dont know what to do with this. Should I close all my relationship with SBI??
Or should I simply use what I have got and wait for limit enhancement.

If I do wait for such an enhancement, when can I expect to get a decent limit of 1.5 lakh. ??

Angry and Confused.:mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:
This happened due to having an exisiting SBI card. Ask customer care to move some limit from BPCL to Cashback. I received the card with 10k limit last month. Mailed customer care to move 2L from BPCL to SBI card. It was processed in like 4-5 days.

Saul Goodman

TF Select
If you are an existing SBI cardholder, they just deduct 10k from the existing card and provide as the limit for new card. This is like their default setting. You can move some of your limit from BPCL to Cashback card. Sum of all the card limits will still be 3 lakhs in your case.

Another tip: If your BPCL card is considerably old, you can ask for a limit enhancement on that card by providing documents. Then later move that limit to your new Cashback card.

By now, you could have noticed that your BPCL card limit has reduced to 2.9 lakhs.

Sachs

TF Select
This happened due to having an exisiting SBI card. Ask customer care to move some limit from BPCL to Cashback. I received the card with 10k limit last month. Mailed customer care to move 2L from BPCL to SBI card. It was processed in like 4-5 days.
Hey thank you

Reactions: CMG

Sachs

TF Select
If you are an existing SBI cardholder, they just deduct 10k from the existing card and provide as the limit for new card. This is like their default setting. You can move some of your limit from BPCL to Cashback card. Sum of all the card limits will still be 3 lakhs in your case.

Another tip: If your BPCL card is considerably old, you can ask for a limit enhancement on that card by providing documents. Then later move that limit to your new Cashback card.

By now, you could have noticed that your BPCL card limit has reduced to 2.9 lakhs.
No it is the same

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
10K limit on a 1.2K card is totally waste.
Even I quarreled with customer care when they said about the annual fee waiver milestone criteria, but I countered with the low limit of card provided, that makes it practically impossible to achieve without harming CIBIL.

paresh22

TF Ace
I think mostly those who have gone the way of asking to no or pno officer got only 10k limit on cashback card but I also think here SBI might have checked that those applicant's existing SBI card relationship. Limit transfer is easy with SBI cards.

I also got limit of just 10K on cashback card. I already had Simplyclick 117K and BPCL 30K. After card approval existing card limit remained same.

Last edited:

paresh22

TF Ace
When I only queried about LE to SBI customer care, they replied me like this
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We would request you to kindly send applicable documents as mentioned below enabling us to execute your request.
Salaried: Advise cardholder to send income docs (Stamped Form 16,/Stamped ITR,/Salary slip of latest two months).
Self-Employed and Pensioner’s: Advise cardholder to send income docs (Stamped ITR).
Request you to kindly share your latest income document for further course of action.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think you only need to send them income documents, then they will check them and decide if you will be eligible for LE or not.

Sachs

TF Select
Hi I called customer care and they transferred limit from my other card about 90k into this card.

They said one can transfer limit of upto 80% from one card to other.