• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Frustration compounded with limit reuse

This is my followup for this post, https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/horrible-experience-with-sbi-vistara-card.23585/

Now that I've an SBI Vistara card, I'm trying to use it. Limit is too low (68k) and it's a horrible experience to achieve Vistara milestone with that. I've experienced with other banks that we can reuse the limit if we pay early before the bill date. So, I did, but SBI being SBI does not allow that too.

I wanted to confirm this with SBI so, I mailed them and they replied positively (not instantly, the customer care sucks, I had to escalate to nodal officer):
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 2.17.03 PM.png

Hence, I made all the outstanding payment, waited 48+ hrs, and tried a fresh transaction, but to my surprise got the message stating I can't make that transaction
1709369831843.png

In the SBI Card app, there's no way to increase spend limit beyond the credit limit
1709370133092.png

So, it turns out that limit reuse is also a nightmare here. Yes, I tried to enable overlimit facility as well, nothing changed. SBI genuinely sucks.

Shoxie

TF Premier
This is my followup for this post, https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/horrible-experience-with-sbi-vistara-card.23585/

Now that I've an SBI Vistara card, I'm trying to use it. Limit is too low (68k) and it's a horrible experience to achieve Vistara milestone with that. I've experienced with other banks that we can reuse the limit if we pay early before the bill date. So, I did, but SBI being SBI does not allow that too.

I wanted to confirm this with SBI so, I mailed them and they replied positively (not instantly, the customer care sucks, I had to escalate to nodal officer):
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 2.17.03 PM.png

Hence, I made all the outstanding payment, waited 48+ hrs, and tried a fresh transaction, but to my surprise got the message stating I can't make that transaction
1709369831843.png

In the SBI Card app, there's no way to increase spend limit beyond the credit limit
1709370133092.png

So, it turns out that limit reuse is also a nightmare here. Yes, I tried to enable overlimit facility as well, nothing changed. SBI genuinely sucks.
Well, you're stuck here. Sbi does this for certain cards/certain people. For me, I'm able to use Cashback card by repaying. Different people have had different experience, which geninuely sucks.

The only advice that I can give you is, you've to option to raise card closure request and state this as a reason. Retention team will call you and you can say that on account of this restriction, I'm not able to meet milestone, I'd like to close the card, or make the card ltf. They'll either offer you LTF or waive off the fees for the current year. This is regardless of how new your card is.