• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI customer segment upgrade

RM95

TF Select
SBI has 4 customer segments - Silver, Gold, Diamond and Platinum. Can a customer segment be upgraded directly from Silver to Platinum if the eligibility criteria is satisfied?
If so, can this be done online, or by visiting the branch directly?

pprakash11

TF Prestige
SBI has 4 customer segments - Silver, Gold, Diamond and Platinum. Can a customer segment be upgraded directly from Silver to Platinum if the eligibility criteria is satisfied?
If so, can this be done online, or by visiting the branch directly?
Be any of them! Any service you have to visit a branch for a petty thing also, no segment makes sense in SBI!

simal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there any clear definition of SBI's TRV and corresponding entitlements for different segments?

Individual Clients​

Existing to Bank (ETB) ClientNew to Bank (NTB) Client
Total Relationship Value (TRV) of INR 30 lakhs (Total Deposits, Investments in Mutual Fund and Demat Holdings through SBI)Initial Deposit/Investment of INR 10 lakhs (To be increased to a Total Relationship Value of INR 30 lakhs within a period of 12 months)
Net Salary Credit of INR 2.00 lakhs and above at SBI AccountOpening a Salary Account with SBI with Net Salary Credit of INR 2 lakhs and above
SBI Home Loan of INR 1.00 Cr and above.Newly availed SBI Home Loan of INR 1 Cr and above

Trust Me

TF Ace
Well I did know the expansion of TRV (Total Relationship Value), I was actually after the information: which products are considered as parts of the TRV according to SBI. Something like 'SoC's for the various segments would help too.

Trust Me

TF Ace
Oh, did SBI really consider your PPF balance for your Gold status? That's good news! Thanks. But do they give the TRV definition in writing (so others can take that with them when they approach SBI )?

BCh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Regarding segments like Gold, Platinum etc {NOT wealth management), there is an option in netbanking itself. Just maintain the respective balance and opt-in..
However for salary account customers, one has to visit branch (although there is option in netbanking, they wont upgrade without branch visit).

SSMV

TF Select
I have got option for Platinum but i never maintained balance above 4k ,I used to just transfer from other banks and use with that debit card for wallet loads and cc bill payment for reward points

Trust Me

TF Ace
Regarding segments like Gold, Platinum etc {NOT wealth management), there is an option in netbanking itself. Just maintain the respective balance and opt-in..
I haven't found it so straightforward. I was informed that I qualified for only 'Gold' when I knew I did at least for 'Platinum' or higher. Talking to the home branch manager over phone wasn't good enough, I was asked to appear in person! I can't yet for some more time, so I'm left suspended in anticipation of what great things, I don't know yet! There's SBI for you.