• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI CC vs Axis CC

Credit Karma

TF Premier
I'm having hard time deciding which one is best between SBI SimplySAVE CC and Axis Flipkart CC and that is specifically for Offline spends.

I know that Axis Flipkart offers 1.5% cashback on offline spends.

On the other hand SBI SimplySAVE offers 1.67% on offline spends. (10 RPs on 150 purchase for departmental stores,Dining, movies and groceries).

Which one is best for offline spends specifically for departmental stores,Dining, movies and groceries?

And why most people don't want SBI SimplySAVE?

Can both cards be issued on Rupay platform?

Can SBI SimlySave be used for UPI payments?

And can SBI SimlySave be used for bank discounts?

Do share your thoughts and experiences ☺️

Last edited:

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I'm having hard time deciding which one is best between SBI SimplySAVE CC and Axis Flipkart CC and that is specifically for Offline spends.

On the other hand SBI SimplySAVE offers 1.67% on offline spends. (10 RPs on 150 purchase for departmental stores,Dining, movies and groceries).

Which one is best for offline spends specifically for departmental stores,Dining, movies and groceries?

Difference of 0.17% and that too you need to be sure that MCC of the PoS machine is one of the above

With flopkart card you don't have to think what is the MCC going to be

Credit Karma

TF Premier
Difference of 0.17% and that too you need to be sure that MCC of the PoS machine is one of the above

With flopkart card you don't have to think what is the MCC going to be
I think MCC issue is only relevant in malls and big retail outlets.

Last week when I visited Dmart and bought a LED bulb, it showed MCC as "electronics" in my one card app, but when I went sometime before that and bought LED + some groceries, this time MCC was of "Groceries".

I think that these codes only comes into picture when your purchase of one category is more or less in a particular receipt. Say, you buy groceries worth ₹10k and electronics worth ₹5k, the. mCC will be of groceries.

This is true for Dmart, based on my experience.

Not sure if other stores follow this or not.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Last week when I visited Dmart and bought a LED bulb, it showed MCC as "electronics" in my one card app, but when I went sometime before that and bought LED + some groceries, this time MCC was of "Groceries".

I think that these codes only comes into picture when your purchase of one category is more or less in a particular receipt. Say, you buy groceries worth ₹10k and electronics worth ₹5k, the. mCC will be of groceries.

No

MCC is linked with PoS machine

One PoS machine would be tagged as electronics other one will be groceries

Also which app is showing "category"

Credit Karma

TF Premier
No

MCC is linked with PoS machine

One PoS machine would be tagged as electronics other one will be groceries

Also which app is showing "category"
The one card app shows the categories.

And I have tried this with Dmart ready stores more often.

My aforementioned theory works at Dmart atleast.

Credit Karma

TF Premier
People like to shit on Axis CC but burgundy is quite good and so is the premium experience team

Although Burgundy helpline did a big oopsie today said that Magnus C2C is not available anymore :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You proved my point 👇
This is definately a deciding factor. But as I've gone through multiple posts on this forum itself and I can say that both customer cares do have bad reputation. But deciding which one is worst will differ from person to person experience, I guess 😉

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer

You made payment at Same Payment Counter both times ?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
This is definately a deciding factor. But as I've gone through multiple posts on this forum itself and I can say that both customer cares do have bad reputation. But deciding which one is worst will differ from person to person experience, I guess 😉
Both I've dealt with and can surely say SBI is worst. They're not cooperative at all. I wanted to report false application by an agent and they were replying in 3 days that too system generated.
Axis atleast replies on time and acknowledge the issue. That's a different thing that both are unable to solve the issue 😂

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Both I've dealt with and can surely say SBI is worst. They're not cooperative at all. I wanted to report false application by an agent and they were replying in 3 days that too system generated.
Axis atleast replies on time and acknowledge the issue. That's a different thing that both are unable to solve the issue 😂
Axis Acknowledge the issue Same Day or even in few hours in my case but in the end I had to raise a Complaint with RBI BANKING OMBUDSMAN for resolution.

Last edited:

girish

TF Buzz

Can both cards be issued on Rupay platform?

And can SBI SimlySave be used for UPI payments?

also consider reward redemption fee of 99rs in simply save, Flipkart axis has statement credit