• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cashback Credit Card Review

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
This card is a delight for cashback lovers and I am highly recommending it! All those who are worried about its fee should think that to break even you need to spend just ₹23,600 in a year and above that, all the cashback is nothing but your net gain if you don't cross the ₹2L mark!

https://www.technofino.in/sbi-cashback-credit-card-review/

Capture.JPG

I am also going to flip my Simply CLICK card with this one once the card application process gets streamlined in 2-3 days. It's better to wait for some time as I have heard many are facing glitches while applying it online.

This card can replace all the cashback cards like ICICI Amazon Pay, RBL Zomato Edition, and Standard Chartered Smart and even beats Standard Chartered Ultimate handsomely if you are a heavy online-only spender and hardly use cards offline. And if you get this one then why even keep paid cards like Axis Flipkart, and HDFC Millennia in your portfolio?

This card also gives a serious run for money to BOB Eterna which is offered for a hefty fee of ₹2500 + GST but be mindful that Eterna rewards wallet loads and rent payments also. So I would not recommend weeding out all the winning cards from your portfolio in haste since the reward rate of this card is definitely not sustainable in long run so replace only what you are confident of getting back in case a devaluation happens.

Though this card doesn't give accelerated rewards on Utility Bill Payments like Axis Ace but then you always have the option of rooting those spends through any online platform which can help you mask the merchant. ;)

Are you also planning to grab an SBI Cashback card ASAP? Share your thoughts below!

TF Ace
TF Family
This card is a delight for cashback lovers and I am highly recommending it! All those who are worried about its fee should think that to break even you need to spend just ₹23,600 in a year and above that, all the cashback is nothing but your net gain if you don't cross the ₹2L mark!

Capture.JPG

I am also going to flip my Simply CLICK card with this one once the card application process gets streamlined in 2-3 days. It's better to wait for some time as I have heard many are facing glitches while applying it online.

This card can replace all the cashback cards like ICICI Amazon Pay, RBL Zomato Edition, and Standard Chartered Smart and even beats Standard Chartered Ultimate handsomely if you are a heavy online-only spender and hardly use cards offline. And if you get this one then why even keep paid cards like Axis Flipkart, and HDFC Millennia in your portfolio?

This card also gives a serious run for money to BOB Eterna which is offered for a hefty fee of ₹2500 + GST but be mindful that Eterna rewards wallet loads and rent payments also. So I would not recommend weeding out all the winning cards from your portfolio in haste since the reward rate of this card is definitely not sustainable in long run so replace only what you are confident of getting back in case a devaluation happens.

Though this card doesn't give accelerated rewards on Utility Bill Payments like Axis Ace but then you always have the option of rooting those spends through any online platform which can help you mask the merchant. ;)

Are you also planning to grab an SBI Cashback card ASAP? Share your thoughts below!
This card seems too good to be true. I will give it some time so that I have a clear idea of what to expect, then I will make a switch from SimplyCLICK!

AsB

TF Ace
This card can be actually used to replace 90% of my purchases, since most of the shop owners charge 1-2% for Credit Card transactions offline. In addition, I don't need to worry about getting multiple co-branded cards. I can focus on this one, and hold some non-cobranded ones for other discounts.
The only problem that I can think of is - this card is way too good to be true. All co-branded cards have, at one point of their time, downgraded their rewarding systems. So, what if SBI does that too, as this card is just C.R.A.Z.Y?

akshayhs

TF Ace
I am also eager to switch my Simply click card when I can. Let's see how long the initial offers will be there for. For now it's surely a steal given its FYF for some time.

masumshah59

TF Select
I already have SBI Prime, if I apply for this Cashback card online via SPRINT, will the limit be shared or will get new limit for this card.??

Anyone can confirm this?
Please

Akash Topder

TF Premier

Capture.JPG

Millennia gives reward on wallet reload and rent. Ace, Freecharge Plus, Airtel from Axis have their own charm. This SBI card will replace most co branded cards but these chards still have a place in your portfolio because of their niche.
But how do you mask the marchant?

Reactions: AsB

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
Millennia gives a meagre 1% on wallet and rent so it is a useless card for this purpose. You can mask by buying and using Amazon vouchers for bill payments
Millennia gives reward on wallet reload and rent. Ace, Freecharge Plus, Airtel from Axis have their own charm. This SBI card will replace most co branded cards but these chards still have a place in your portfolio because of their niche.
But how do you mask the marchant?

pranavcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This card can be actually used to replace 90% of my purchases, since most of the shop owners charge 1-2% for Credit Card transactions offline. In addition, I don't need to worry about getting multiple co-branded cards. I can focus on this one, and hold some non-cobranded ones for other discounts.
The only problem that I can think of is - this card is way too good to be true. All co-branded cards have, at one point of their time, downgraded their rewarding systems. So, what if SBI does that too, as this card is just C.R.A.Z.Y?
They will exclude this from 10% discount and cap might be reduced this is what i can see

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family

Capture.JPG

I called the customer care for flipping my SimplyClick. Theres no flip available to this card. Let me know if you are able to flip

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
I called the customer care for flipping my SimplyClick. Theres no flip available to this card. Let me know if you are able to flip
I called too, they said you have to apply fresh there is no swap/upgrade/downgrade for cashback card yet. Will probably try after 22nd Sept when sales have to focus on there target completion

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
I called too, they said you have to apply fresh there is no swap/upgrade/downgrade for cashback card yet. Will probably try after 22nd Sept when sales have to focus on there target completion
That's highly unlikely, they know the demand this card is going to generate. If they can issue one more credit card it's totally worth it in their books. So it's unlikely we'll see flip to this card soon.
Also I read in the other thread they want us to apply seperately for this card
I just hope I can get hands on before they de-evaluated it

Akash Topder

TF Premier
Millennia gives a meagre 1% on wallet and rent so it is a useless card for this purpose. You can mask by buying and using Amazon vouchers for bill payments
Well most entry level to midrange cards do not give any CB for wallet and rent, thus Millennia is still good. And regarding Amazon vouchers there's a problem. Cards like simplyclick do not give any rewards for buying amazon gift vouchers/gift cards. Any card that gives good rewards for that?

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
Well most entry level to midrange cards do not give any CB for wallet and rent, thus Millennia is still good. And regarding Amazon vouchers there's a problem. Cards like simplyclick do not give any rewards for buying amazon gift vouchers/gift cards. Any card that gives good rewards for that?
Amazon is not the only way to buy Amazon gift cards. For wallet and rent payments there are many better cards. An article coming soon on the blog.