• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Cards - Potential Spam Mail Regarding Reward Points

RAJAT1

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
yes, I too just received this. I used my cashback card yesterday on amazon shopping so I thought may be this is the reason? Did you also used card recently on amazon?

Saul Goodman

TF Select
Yes I used it on Amazon as well. If this is true, APAY ICICI card provides better value proposition. ICICI instant discount on Amazon when available + the 5% cashback for prime members.

manikP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I also received the same email.

But the terms and conditions say we are not eligible for instant discount, if we still received instant discount then that's their technical issue, how can they change their terms after the transaction has happened?

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I bought using my card on Saturday as well. Yet to receive this email.
But this is just unprofessional has anyone been through their TnC where it mentions Cashback not eligible for sale or rewards will be taken back. Also if that is the case it shouldn't be hidden in the fine prints buried under lots of gibberish.
Its something that we should have been made aware of so we could make right decision.
This is just lying to the customers and false advertising to get visibility

manikP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Also the email says that the reward points will be forfeited, but the cashback card is not a reward point card it gives straight cashback.

So are they talking about simply click?

Jatin1987

TF Select
as per this tnc, there is no such point mentioned about rewards or cashback's forfeiture.
2nd if we will not get any rewards in form of 5% cashback then why we are getting rewards on any other sbi card or other bank card despite of instant discount?

By doing this, SBI is violating the principle of Disclosure of Facts.

We should take up this thing to SBI directly on the social media to make them understand to the things in right way.

Attachments

• cashback-tnc-booklet (1).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Yes I used it on Amazon as well. If this is true, APAY ICICI card provides better value proposition. ICICI instant discount on Amazon when available + the 5% cashback for prime members.
they cleverly exclude amazon icici card while giving icici discounts on amazon. at least they do it upront and is visible when you click on coupons available on the product page.
even flipkart does the same with axis and fk-axis cards.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
as per this tnc, there is no such point mentioned about rewards or cashback's forfeiture.
2nd if we will not get any rewards in form of 5% cashback then why we are getting rewards on any other sbi card or other bank card despite of instant discount?

By doing this, SBI is violating the principle of Disclosure of Facts.

We should take up this thing to SBI directly on the social media to make them understand to the things in right way. i don't think banks can debit from cc account without your permission.
is it mentioned anywhere in tc that 2 offers cannot be clubbed together, etc? then sbi can cunningly exploit that rule.
and for a bank like sbi, social media eacalations won't matter. rbi would be the right door to knock.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
that's right. the card is eligible for 10% instant discount and bonus discount, if any , as a part of sale. but what they are claiming now in the email is that 5% cashback which is the base reward rate for cashback card, won't be given. and if already given, then they will take it back in the next statement which i don't think they should be allowed to do becauee it's their mistake they failwd to foresee people will get 15% discount. that's what i gather from the posts though I don't hold the card myself.