• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI card swap/change period

Patil007

TF Ace
Hi, I got SBI simply click card on dec 2022, As it is paid card and I want SBI card only for offers, so thinking of taking SBI BPCL card by swapping my simply click card.
I always wanted SBI BPCL card as it is eligible for SBI instant discount offer and fee reversal spend is only 50K,
but in office there was SBI desk was offering simply click on CIBIL without documents so I applied and got.

After how many days, I can swap that card with BPCL. Can I call customer care and swap?

Please suggest.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
ab bol hi rhe h to de hi denge par LTF nhi kia to dikkat ho jayegi
isiliye abhi nhi kar rha upgrade, koi aur jab bta dega ki LTF to LTF upgrade ho gya tab try karunga..
Mine got ltf after 3 months. SBI card team organized promotional campaign on out state secretariat last year.

I was new to credit card so took simplyclick. Agent said after 3 months, all paid mid range cards which were given that day will be LTF.

And after 3 months after our call, most cards of my colleagues were made LTF including mine.

Only high range cards like vistara prime/Aurum were not made LTF.

Last edited:

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
Mine got ltf after 3 months. SBI card team organized promotional campaign on out state secretariat last year.

I was new to credit card so took simplyclick. Agent said after 3 months, all paid mid range cards which were given that day will be LTF.

And after 3 months after our call, most cards of my colleagues were made LTF including mine.

Only high range cards like vistara prime/Aurum were not made LTF.
Brother i am talking about upgrading the exisiting LTF to another varient and get the new as LTF too,
getting a fresh new card and making it LTF after some time is quite difficult and may not work for everyone, but upgrading our existing LTF card to another LTF card is possible in most of the banks.
we can claim that as our previous card was LTF so make our new card LTF easily, am not so sure about sbi but almost all banks do upgrade card and make it LTF if previous card was LTF.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Brother i am talking about upgrading the exisiting LTF to another varient and get the new as LTF too,
getting a fresh new card and making it LTF after some time is quite difficult and may not work for everyone, but upgrading our existing LTF card to another LTF card is possible in most of the banks.
we can claim that as our previous card was LTF so make our new card LTF easily, am not so sure about sbi but almost all banks do upgrade card and make it LTF if previous card was LTF.
They will not make simplyclick LTF easily. If you are Central or state government official, you may get it done.

Keep trying though, we never know, SBI works mysteriously. Best wishes.

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
They will not make simplyclick LTF easily. If you are Central or state government official, you may get it done.

Keep trying though, we never know, SBI works mysteriously. Best wishes.
i already have simplyclick LTF, what i want is to upgrade my simplyclick to BPCL octane LTF
they are ready to accept upgrade request but saying LTF is subject to approval, so i'm waiting for someone who upgraded LTF to another LTF card

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
i already have simplyclick LTF, what i want is to upgrade my simplyclick to BPCL octane LTF
they are ready to accept upgrade request but saying LTF is subject to approval, so i'm waiting for someone who upgraded LTF to another LTF card
Understood.

But getting octane or vistara card ltf is rare. I hope you are able to do it. I am going to apply for vistara next month. Let's see.

mrmuggle98

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can anyone help me with how we can contact SBI Cards to request for swap? Tried their helpline number, it was answered by IVR. Couldn't figure out the proper option.

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can anyone help me with how we can contact SBI Cards to request for swap? Tried their helpline number, it was answered by IVR. Couldn't figure out the proper option.
Raise a closure request from net banking services on sbicard.com, you may get a call within 5 minutes and tell them why you don't want to use your current card and you will be happy to stay with sbi if you get a different card, then they will tell you eligible cards.

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
Raise a closure request from net banking services on sbicard.com, you may get a call within 5 minutes and tell them why you don't want to use your current card and you will be happy to stay with sbi if you get a different card, then they will tell you eligible cards.
never try this method with banks like sbi, sometimes they directly close the card without any retantion call.
if you have no use of card and thinking of closing the card, then try this.

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
call 1860 180 7777
sbi nodal helpline, after entering card last digits and year of birth, you can directly talk to executive (takes less than a minute to talk to agent after dialing the no)

for swap/upgrade you have to call, because it needed otp confimation

mrmuggle98

TF Select
VIP Lounge
call 1860 180 7777
sbi nodal helpline, after entering card last digits and year of birth, you can directly talk to executive (takes less than a minute to talk to agent after dialing the no)

for swap/upgrade you have to call, because it needed otp confimation
Thanks a lot. Got connected to the executive, swapped to BPCL card

mrmuggle98

TF Select
VIP Lounge
From which card you swap
Simplyclick. It was useless. I already have a DCB LTF, Sapphiro LTF, Tata Neu LTF, and just got a Kotak White LTF. Hence, didn't want to pay 500 bucks for a useless card. Swapped to BPCL for now. Will try to make it LTF after a while, just need an SBI card for online offers.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
I have just swapped from Simplyclick to BPCL a week ago. Simplyclick was due for a renewal on September. Does anyone know if my swapped BPCL will get the joining fees this month or it will get the renewal fees on September? Also what will be the effect on CIBIL?