• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI card swap/change period

Patil007

TF Ace
Hi, I got SBI simply click card on dec 2022, As it is paid card and I want SBI card only for offers, so thinking of taking SBI BPCL card by swapping my simply click card.
I always wanted SBI BPCL card as it is eligible for SBI instant discount offer and fee reversal spend is only 50K,
but in office there was SBI desk was offering simply click on CIBIL without documents so I applied and got.

After how many days, I can swap that card with BPCL. Can I call customer care and swap?

Please suggest.

rogerthat

TF Ace
I called customer care and asked them to swap/upgrade my BPCL card to an Octane card on July 4. The customer care guy said I am eligible.
They took the request and on July 6 I got a request that I am not eligible for an upgrade.
I wrote back to them demanding an explanation as to why.
The very next day I got a response saying that there is no way they can waive off the annual fees for the OCTANE card! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So I escalated this to PNO who asked me two weeks time for a resolution.
Today after discussing for two weeks they decided that my BPCL card cannot be upgraded and closed the request!

I have three SBI cards: IRCTC Platinum, BPCL and Prime with pathetic limits of 1L, 60K and 40K respectively. Been their customer for 17 years. Can't close IRCTC as it is my oldest card. BPCL/Octane are the best fuel cards unfortunately, but I am going to close the s*it out of Prime.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Need advice

I already have SBI simply click card which I got last year.

Now if I apply for SBI Vistara base card, KYC will happen again or it will fetch old data ?. As my residential & office address has not changed.

Should I apply above vistara card with my other bank card C2C offline, or I should go with salary. Highest card limit is 2.75L.

Salary is 98K/month net. I am state government officer.

@4uziaul

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Need advice

I already have SBI simply click card which I got last year.

Now if I apply for SBI Vistara base card, KYC will happen again or it will fetch old data ?. As my residential & office address has not changed.

Should I apply above vistara card with my other bank card C2C offline, or I should go with salary. Highest card limit is 2.75L.

Salary is 98K/month net. I am state government officer.

@4uziaul
1. Both KYC and CIBIL impacts will occur.

2. I wouldn't trust those SBI agents with my documents; I would rather prefer applying online. You can always request a LE update after 6 months if it's not automatically provided. And, this is just my opinion.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. Both KYC and CIBIL impacts will occur.

2. I wouldn't trust those SBI agents with my documents; I would rather prefer applying online. You can always request a LE update after 6 months if it's not automatically provided. And, this is just my opinion.
Thank you. I was not getting option for SBI Vistara in Sprint. Only options were cash back & bpcl.

That's why I was thinking about offline route.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Even though I never received my sbi air india card and was closed after following up with sbi and yesterday they have updated my cibil showing has closed. Am not aire how they can update cibil without even issuing the card. Nasty sbi. And there was 1 point down in my civil because of this updates as usual idiotic sbi staffs. Fit for nothing very few are brilliant rest all faltu people.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Do you really need the SimplyClick card? If not, contact customer care and inquire about the available upgrades for your card. If Vistara is an option, you can easily upgrade it over a call.
Customer team told me that my simplyclick is my oldest card so rethink before upgrading that.

I tried to apply for vistara offline but in agent system my incomplete sprint application still showing, so he can't proceed with new application. It's been more than 45 days since i applied & left it incomplete due to not getting preferred card.

Now sbi team says it's from sprint so I have to ask them to remove it from system. If it was from bank website, they would have done.

Now kindly suggest me how can I approach sprint team to delete incomplete application. 😬

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Customer team told me that my simplyclick is my oldest card so rethink before upgrading that.

I tried to apply for vistara offline but in agent system my incomplete sprint application still showing, so he can't proceed with new application. It's been more than 45 days since i applied & left it incomplete due to not getting preferred card.

Now sbi team says it's from sprint so I have to ask them to remove it from system. If it was from bank website, they would have done.

Now kindly suggest me how can I approach sprint team to delete incomplete application. 😬
Upgrading your card will not delete your credit history.
Just in CIBIL old cc number will replace new cc number.

You can proceed with Card swap to Sbi vistara prime.

I know you wish to get sbi Vistara base but prime offers way better benefit than base variant just at an additional 1500₹

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor

This is uncharted territory for me. I have never come across such an issue before. All I can suggest right now is that you check out this link here:

Maybe they can help you out with deleting your previous application. Additionally, you can also check what PPrakash has suggested.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Has anyone been able to change any of SBI VISA card to Rupay Card?
If yes, please help with the process
Securing one is very difficult. The only way to get one is by requesting card closure and then asking them to change your network. However, don't get your hopes up, as they might initially say yes, but later close the request without changing your card network. 🤣

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Upgrading your card will not delete your credit history.
Just in CIBIL old cc number will replace new cc number.

You can proceed with Card swap to Sbi vistara prime.

I know you wish to get sbi Vistara base but prime offers way better benefit than base variant just at an additional 1500₹
Vistara flights from Chhattisgarh only fly economy. No option for PE/Business.

That's why thinking to opt for base version. I may not fully utilize prime variant due to the fact that only 1 vistara flight operates from Chhattisgarh as of now ( Raipur-Delhi, Delhi-Raipur ) & that also economy.

I have written mail to pno & customer head services. If I get call,will ask for deletion & upgrade.

Will keep you & @4uziaul posted.

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
so i tried upgrading ltf simplyclick to ltf vistara prime but they denied now again mailed them for upgrade to bpcl octane.

does anyone able to upgrade core card to any co-branded card, 2 years back i upgraded my bpcl card to this simplyclick card and later able to convert to LTF.

also is it possible to upgarde LTF card to ltf card or the new card will be paid one?

pprakash11

TF Prestige
so i tried upgrading ltf simplyclick to ltf vistara prime but they denied now again mailed them for upgrade to bpcl octane.

does anyone able to upgrade core card to any co-branded card, 2 years back i upgraded my bpcl card to this simplyclick card and later able to convert to LTF.

also is it possible to upgarde LTF card to ltf card or the new card will be paid one?
New card will be paid one.