• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI BPCL Octane Card Closure

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recently raised a service request to close my SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card. I got a message saying you SBI card ending with xxxx has been deactivated. I can still see the card in sbi card app along with my other cards. Is the card closed? or just blocked?

Gangadhar

TF Buzz
i have applied for SBI cashback credit card for my father but when they called him for verification, they asked his consent for yatra credit card, when he denied it, they pushed him saying that he will get cashback card but for that he needs to accept the yatra card and he will get a link to change, my father doesnt have any knowledge about credit cards, he accepted it and never received the link and when i tried to contact the person who spoke to him and asked about it he didnt have any answer and then when i threatened to raise a complaint on him he is not lifting the call and blocked my number. what should i do? my father already has sbi prime card which he rarely uses and is paying 3700 as annual charges. i wanted to close that card after i get the cashback card. but now yatra card has been shipped. what do i do?

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Call customer care and tell that agent messed up. They may consider and flip the card to cashback card.
i have applied for SBI cashback credit card for my father but when they called him for verification, they asked his consent for yatra credit card, when he denied it, they pushed him saying that he will get cashback card but for that he needs to accept the yatra card and he will get a link to change, my father doesnt have any knowledge about credit cards, he accepted it and never received the link and when i tried to contact the person who spoke to him and asked about it he didnt have any answer and then when i threatened to raise a complaint on him he is not lifting the call and blocked my number. what should i do? my father already has sbi prime card which he rarely uses and is paying 3700 as annual charges. i wanted to close that card after i get the cashback card. but now yatra card has been shipped. what do i do?

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Bro the same happened with me yesterday. They asked me for income documents which I don't mind sharing but the mail clearly said BPCL card whereas my application was clearly for cashback card. They do this to stick people cards. I did not proceed and asked to mail properly.

You can try escalating or rather close the card. Worst case flip the card to some other varient. No cards at the moment can be flipped to Cashback card. Do quickly before your card account is charged with annual fees or before you activate the card.

Hope this helps

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Same goes with me. The cards are visible but with less info than the cards active. In your case just ask for the NOC.

Rest members please let me know if you too can see the deactivated cards in account.
Do we need to email customercare to ask for NOC or can we just call customercare and ask NOC?