• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI BPCL important queries

Akash Topder

TF Premier
SBI BPCL is a great alternative SBI Card alongside SBI Cashback with just 50k spend criteria for annual fee waiver but there some questions unanswered

1. How much reward point we earn at non-BPCL pumps. @TechnoFino Sumanta da did answer this in his video about the card but I couldn't find this information anywhere else thus asking again for confirmation.
2. Do we get that 1% fuel surcharge waiver at non-BPCL pumps?
3. Do we need to swipe at SBI swiping machine at BPCL to get the points? Also if we get points at non-BPCL pumps then do we need to swipe at SBI machines?
4. I read somewhere that the fuel surcharge amount is 1% or 10 rupees whichever is higher (i.e. if we spend 500 rupees for fuel then the surcharge amount is 10 rupees). Can someone confirm if this is true or not.

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1.) no rewards for non BPCL pumps
2.) No fuel surcharge waiver for non BPCL pumps
3.) Any bank swiping machine
4.) dont know exactly but 1%+GST fuel surcharge

Also, I faced many issues with SBI BPCL card, because even if we fill fuel at BPCL pumps which are not in the list of SBI BPCL fuel outlets, they consider them as non BPCL pump and do not give rewards or fuel surcharge waiver. So, closed this card.

amitjena

TF Buzz
SBI BPCL is a great alternative SBI Card alongside SBI Cashback with just 50k spend criteria for annual fee waiver but there some questions unanswered

1. How much reward point we earn at non-BPCL pumps. @TechnoFino Sumanta da did answer this in his video about the card but I couldn't find this information anywhere else thus asking again for confirmation.
3. Do we need to swipe at SBI swiping machine at BPCL to get the points? Also if we get points at non-BPCL pumps then do we need to swipe at SBI machines?
4. I read somewhere that the fuel surcharge amount is 1% or 10 rupees whichever is higher (i.e. if we spend 500 rupees for fuel then the surcharge amount is 10 rupees). Can someone confirm if this is true or not.
3. not necessarily. POS machine is not important. The fuel station is. if the name carries BPCL it's safe. then you can fight with the cc if rewards not credited. do keep the charge slip with you till the txn settles.

ps- using bpcl normal and octane card for two years.

AmitMishra

TF Select
VIP Lounge
3. not necessarily. POS machine is not important. The fuel station is. if the name carries BPCL it's safe. then you can fight with the cc if rewards not credited. do keep the charge slip with you till the txn settles.

One more question. Most of the Banks (except Citi IndianOil and StanC Titanium) fuel card gives waiver of surcharge but not GST paid on surcharge.

So, does SBI BPCL gives reversal of GST as well or is it just surcharge ?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge

4 - (not regards to SBI BPCL) Yes. Not for all pumps or POS machines or cards. Eg scenario: if you pay ₹500 via cc, you will be charged ₹511.8 (500+10+1.8gst) and 1% i.e ₹5 will be given back an fuel surcharge waiver

Akash Topder

TF Premier
1.) no rewards for non BPCL pumps
2.) No fuel surcharge waiver for non BPCL pumps
3.) Any bank swiping machine
4.) dont know exactly but 1%+GST fuel surcharge

Also, I faced many issues with SBI BPCL card, because even if we fill fuel at BPCL pumps which are not in the list of SBI BPCL fuel outlets, they consider them as non BPCL pump and do not give rewards or fuel surcharge waiver. So, closed this card.
Sumanta da said in his SBI BPCL video that we get 1 RP per 100 rupees at non-BPCL pumps. This is where my confusion aries. Did you use your SBI BPCL on other pumps and tried it?

Last edited:

Akash Topder

TF Premier

So the answer or 1 and 2 are No right?

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sumanta da said in his SBI BPCL video that we get 1 RP per 100 rupees at non-BPCL pumps. This is where my confusion aries. Did you use your SBI BPCL on other pumps and tried it?
I did not use at other pumps but I used at BPCL pumps not in SBI list which is considered as non-bpcl pump and no rewards or surcharge waiver done even though it's BPCL pump.

avikrish

TF Select

ps- using bpcl normal and octane card for two year.

Does rewards points have expiry obtained via sbi BPCL Card at BPCL petrol pumps?

Do we get reward points during Amazon online sales?