• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI BPCL and SBI BPCL Octane issues

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
I have 2 questions regarding SBI BPCL & SBI BPCL Octane Credit cards.

1. In few threads related to SBI BPCL Cards, some users are mentioning that Rupay version of the card doesn't provide surcharge reversal. All the SBI BPCL Rupay users, please share your feedback on it. I hope this isn't the case.
2. Is there anyone holding SBI BPCL OCTANE Rupay card? if yes, please share how you got it.

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
On a different note, can someone tell me how easy/difficult it is to redeem bpcl reward points: At bpcl petrol pumps using gift card redemption, any redemption charge??

Can users redeem reward points on Amazon gift card (₹500 for 2000 points) without extra charges?
Value will go down a lot, 10p per point for any redemption other than fuel.
Too much pain to fuel directly using redeem points, bpcl gift card redemption is even more difficult to encash

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
On SBI BPCL octane , if we spend more than 4k on fuel on one go, is the reward points and surcharge waiver applicable?
You will only get waiver of Rs 40 + gst for that transaction if it is more than Rs 4000.

Getting refills of upto 10k per month is beneficial. More than that it is a waste.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-08-22-43-20-03_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-08-22-43-20-03_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 14

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You will only get waiver of Rs 40 + gst for that transaction if it is more than Rs 4000.

Getting refills of upto 10k per month is beneficial. More than that it is a waste.

Thanks!!
Do you get 25 rewards per 100 spent even above ₹4000?
For full tank I need about 5k. Should I ask the attender to swipe twice or will I still get the rewards?

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Do you get 25 rewards per 100 spent even above ₹4000?
For full tank I need about 5k. Should I ask the attender to swipe twice or will I still get the rewards?
There are two components.

Reward points capped at 2500 per month for fuel.

Fuel surcharge waiver capped at Rs 40 per day.

So you will lose the 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transaction value greater than 4000. But still 5% reward points are great.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

So you will lose the 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transaction value greater than 4000. But still 5% reward points are great.

Thanks!!
Yes, I am fine with 5%.. infact more than fine..
I am fine with losing 1% surcharge for the sake of convince

Saipsy

TF Premier
i think there are issues with sbi tech.
previously everything worked fine, last transaction at previously used bpcl bunk dint give me reward points and surcharge wavier.
had to contact the support, they resolved it.

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
i think there are issues with sbi tech.
previously everything worked fine, last transaction at previously used bpcl bunk dint give me reward points and surcharge wavier.
had to contact the support, they resolved it.
As per previous posts on this forum, it is related to the device which they are using to swipe your card. On some devices you get reward points and on some you don't which is pretty messy and unreasonable.

I use only one bunk in my city that happens to be just near my home and I have tested it pretty well. Therefore, I know I am not losing any points.

By the way, it has been around 10 months since I got this card and I have been lucky enough to not miss a single point on any transaction whether it is grocery, fuel or a gas cylinder.

Thanks!!
I may per wrong about the fuel surcharge waiver per day capping of Rs 40/-. You should test by making your payment in 2 parts.

Because the language used is per transaction and not per day (but you know that these guys can write anything and you have to figure it out for yourself most of the times).

:D ;):D

Thanks!!

Last edited:

card-shard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As per previous posts on this forum, it is related to the device which they are using to swipe your card. On some devices you get reward points and on some you don't which is pretty messy and unreasonable.

I use only one bunk in my city that happens to be just near my home and I have tested it pretty well. Therefore, I know I am not losing any points.

By the way, it has been around 10 months since I got this card and I have been lucky enough to not miss a single point on any transaction whether it is grocery, fuel or a gas cylinder.

Thanks!!
There are so many conditions to match in order to get reward points.
And going by the posts here, I know for a fact that most people just look at headline of card features, but don't bother reading T&C.

Min transaction amount, Max transaction amount, POS machine's bank & It's MCC code, mode of payment, monthly capping -> so many things have to match as per T&C to get reward points or fuel surcharge waiver.
I am not surprised that people complain about not getting reward points. Most likely they are missing one or multiple eligibility criterias.