• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rupay credit card limitations

Hello Folks,

Recently I got ICICI coral rupay credit card and when i tried to pay in near by grocery shop QR code, it didn't work. but it worked in pharmacy shop. So i kind of confused and started searching how it works.

i know that it won't work p2p money transfer. So why can't use all other UPI transaciotns? please clarify and help me to understand. @4uziaul @Chaitanya-a @pprakash11 @Wealth is my birth right! @Rocky Bhai @007 @Subhankar @ashwink @TechnoFino @VISHESH_BANSAL @financeNerdIN @FinanceBaBa @financewizard @Kamal @Abhishek012 @hashiro7 @alphadark7
@Rocky Bhai

Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
UPI payment through Rupay credit card works only if QR/UPI of vendor is registered as merchant account, not as personal account. I have also noticed that few shopkeepers have linked it as personal account (not merchant account) and it does not work there. This is the problem with the vendor.
This restriction is enabled so that user cannot pay to your family members/yours own account using credit card and collect points. Whenever I face this, I ask the vendor "Isn't your upi account registered as merchant account?" and most of the time shopkeeper agrees to it.

UPI payment through Rupay credit card works only if QR/UPI of vendor is registered as merchant account, not as personal account. I have also noticed that few shopkeepers have linked it as personal account (not merchant account) and it does not work there. This is the problem with the vendor.
This restriction is enabled so that user cannot pay to your family members/yours own account using credit card and collect points. Whenever I face this, I ask the vendor "Isn't your upi account registered as merchant account?" and most of the time shopkeeper agrees to it.
yeah got it man..