• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Do we required initial funding of 5 lakh?
My RM told me to have 10 lakhs in savings account so that he can upgrade to Burgandy. And then he said the process is to cumbersome and asked me to open a new burgandy account with 5lakhs initial funding.
Opened my wife's account with 5 lakhs initial funding. For son (minor), they agreed to open burgandy account without initial funding.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My RM told me to have 10 lakhs in savings account so that he can upgrade to Burgandy. And then he said the process is to cumbersome and asked me to open a new burgandy account with 5lakhs initial funding.
Opened my wife's account with 5 lakhs initial funding. For son (minor), they agreed to open burgandy account without initial funding.
This is simply to make his own number because if he upgrades the existing one he won't be getting anything.
The process of upgrading the existing account to Burgundy is very easy.
Keep 10 lakh+ for 3 month consecutively & give the consent form, they will have to upgrade your account, no other alternatives.

chasni

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Then just only ask them to upgrade your mothers account by unlinking your account.
The target is to get your mom's account to Burgundy and then rest follows...
This is how you skin this cat....

Just an update here:
1. De linked all accounts and deleted the family id
2. Upgraded my mom to Burgundy
3. Added myself to the New Burgundy Family

Now in my app, it shows that I am a secondary member of a burgundy family but my account type is still priority. Looks like another one of those trips to the branch.

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just an update here:

Now in my app, it shows that I am a secondary member of a burgundy family but my account type is still priority. Looks like another one of those trips to the branch.
your account will need to be converted manually by branch to Burgundy.....else you will continue to avail benefits of Priority at zero AMB.
Linking account to family ID doesn't upgrades the branch/family accounts....we need to get it done by the branch, just that family will not need to maintain the required AMB once added in a family tree.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSV

chasni

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
your account will need to be converted manually by branch to Burgundy.....else you will continue to avail benefits of Priority at ) AMB.
Linking account to family ID doesn't upgrades the branch/family accounts....we need to get it done by the branch, just that family will not need to maintain the required AMB once added in a family tree.
Thanks for clarifying. I will go to branch tomorrow and get this sorted out.

chasni

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Thanks for clarifying. I will go to branch tomorrow and get this sorted out.

Went to the branch. BM was on leave. So was directed to another person and he gave me headache. He said you cannot upgrade to Burgundy unless you increase your balance to 10 lac. It doesn't matter whether the primary holder is maintaining the balance. I tried to argue and even showed him the website but he wouldn't budge. He kept repeting the same thing over and over again. Had a similar experience in another branch so had transferred all our accounts to the main branch in hope of sorting this out. But still no solution due to these ignorant fools. I have emailed PNO with all the details as I don't know what else to do.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Went to the branch. BM was on leave. So was directed to another person and he gave me headache. He said you cannot upgrade to Burgundy unless you increase your balance to 10 lac. It doesn't matter whether the primary holder is maintaining the balance. I tried to argue and even showed him the website but he wouldn't budge. He kept repeting the same thing over and over again. Had a similar experience in another branch so had transferred all our accounts to the main branch in hope of sorting this out. But still no solution due to these ignorant fools. I have emailed PNO with all the details as I don't know what else to do.
1) Raise the issue on twitter Axis
2) Visit When BM is there.
3) Write to BM , if there is any email
Basically get some evidence that branch people denied this service..

Aryan Malhotra

TF Premier
Same thing happened with me i blackmailed my RM and raised twitter complaint then after 1-2 hours they agreed, axis employees won't do your work unless you give danda😂

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
When I tried to upgrade, I was first told to keep 10lakhs in savings account till the account is upgraded and can move money out immediately. I only need to maintain TRV with family banking post that.

After I got the funds ready, the bank deputy manager said there is no Burgandy RM in the branch and will take a lot of time to convert as he needs approvals from a different branch. He asked me to open a new burgandy account with 5 lakhs funding.

Account was activated only today (almost 4 working days). Still need to connect to my wife's burgandy account with a family id.

For minor account, I refused to provide initial funding and said I not open account for my son at Axis. They discussed amongst themslves and waived of initial funding. In process for account creation.

I did not have to visit the bank. The deputy manager and 2 of his collegues came home to do the entire process.

My (3 months) old Liberty account will be closed shortly.

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just an update here:

You need to use the migration/ upgrade form to become a Burgundy yourself

Merely being part of family banking which has a Burgundy member doesn’t make you a Burgundy.
(As per my recent experience).

I’ve just submitted an upgrade form for my wife, who holds an Axis Prestige account.

I’m the primary member (Burgundy).
We both are part of family banking.

THE BACKSTORY

Wife had basic axis account before me.

She become Burgundy through me, many years back.
(Unsure if we were part of family banking).

She got downgraded after a few years.

During Covid, RM said, deposit 5L in wife’s account for few days.
She’ll become Burgundy.
Did that.

She got her Burgundy debit card.

Funnily i couldn’t get them to reissue her expired Select credit card.
In fact it got rejected.
RM said some eligibility sh*t.

I didn’t break my head about it, because Atlas and the like weren’t in the mix and Select wasn’t exactly setting the house on fire.
And my Select was doing the job.

Recently, when the Atlas bug bit me, and saw she had Atlas
pre approved offer, thought I could get her Atlas.

But somehow the application kept getting errored out.

I was told by Burgundy care, that she may have got the offers due to her past Select credit card.

So I wanted the Select card for her to tie up the upgrade end.

I was then told, she and me were part of family banking, but she wasn’t Burgundy and until she became Burgundy, the team couldn’t ask the branch to issue her a Select card.

So I’m basically waiting for her account to get upgraded to Burgundy for my next moves!

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
i am holding burgundy from last 3 month should i wait till September for the LTF magnus
and do what with Burgundy ,after September ??
Your Magnus's fees is waived off as long as your Burgundy status is maintained, unless someone have confirmation in contrary to this...

bhavik886151

TF Premier
i
Your Magnus's fees is waived off as long as your Burgundy status is maintained, unless someone have confirmation in contrary to this...till no
i
Your Magnus's fees is waived off as long as your Burgundy status is maintained, unless someone have confirmation in contrary to this...
i have not any axis credit card with me now and before i apply magnus it is delautated so now i am in dilemma apply it now or wait for the confirmation

also i have current account with axis and 10 lakh maintain is not problem as long as i am in business for these burgundy account

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
i

i

i have not any axis credit card with me now and before i apply magnus it is delautated so now i am in dilemma apply it now or wait for the confirmation

also i have current account with axis and 10 lakh maintain is not problem as long as i am in business for these burgundy account
If you can maitain burgundy status, then this Magnus is effectively free of cost, and hence there is nothing wrong in having a free CC and use it to your suitable expendiure... as you are not paying anything to have this card, just take it..

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This is the issue with most of the branch folks....they just want to do what they know or find easy.

I'm sure if you would agree to increase the balance t 10 Lakhs....even then they will not "upgrade" the account but ask you to open a new account (so that their target is met).
Try asking the BM/PNO, the scenario where you add the family account under Burgundy and then submit the upgrade form.