• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reward points on booking with points

Ksunnylove

TF Select
VIP Lounge
not most of the time. Pay 80% with points, 20% out of pocket
i paid some 220 rs only rest with points, also earlier i got the reward and status points on the booking done with points so the confusion

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-15 at 12.13.47.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-15 at 12.13.47.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 28

sahilgulati5

TF Premier
pay atleast 10% with cash so that you get the points & reward night counted.. IF u r paying fully with points then use some service in the hotel when u stay and pay that through cash to earn the nights

drsel

TF Legend
pay atleast 10% with cash so that you get the points & reward night counted.. IF u r paying fully with points then use some service in the hotel when u stay and pay that through cash to earn the nights
I booked lowest price and paid almost fully with Accor points.
There was a small cash component less than 2000.
and I still got the status nights credited but no status points

drsel

TF Legend
At the time of check in, kindly confirm with the Hotel manager or reception that you will get status nights

ankurarora898

TF Select
booking a non refundable room and the amount left after choosing point is 1900 something,Should I pay it by card or call customer care to fully pay by points? paying that by card gives status night benefit or some other benefits?

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
U will get nights if the hotel doesnt give just email Accor it will be done. The points part is hit or miss i didn’t get any for last 2 stays, but it was a small cash component. It was international stay so I couldn’t take a chance. So many things keep happening.. account hacked, accounts blocked etc. better for peace of mind pay the points and reduce bill so only minimal cash component left

drsel

TF Legend
Recently booked non refundable room at Sofitel with points and paid balance 2900 by credit card in advance. Received both status points and status nights.
I booked Ibis budget and Ibis Styles both non refundable using the maximum points allowed and paid the balance less than 1800 by credit card in advance

After I checked out I got status nights but I did not get any status points, why?

ankurarora898

TF Select
Recently booked non refundable room at Sofitel with points and paid balance 2900 by credit card in advance. Received both status points and status nights.
I booked Ibis budget and Ibis Styles both non refundable using the maximum points allowed and paid the balance less than 1800 by credit card in advance

After I checked out I got status nights but I did not get any status points, why?
Now a little confused, status points takes us to the next tier or some other benefits too? same thing status night does too right?

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Its a hit and miss
Ibis aerocity I didn't get points even when I settled 500₹ something with cash.

But Novotel Kochi, I settled everything with points on hotel (zero cash).
I got status points, reward points and nights.

Rest all places I visited (excluding ibis) I got both SP, RP and nights. All the time I settled at hotel with points with little cash balance.

Novotel Aerocity
Mecure Singapore
Swissotel Singapore

Not sure if it is based on property or how the receptionist settle the bill.

Anyone got points for ibis properties in india?

ankurarora898

TF Select
Its a hit and miss
Ibis aerocity I didn't get points even when I settled 500₹ something with cash.

But Novotel Kochi, I settled everything with points on hotel (zero cash).
I got status points, reward points and nights.

Rest all places I visited I got both SP, RP and nights. All the time I settled at hotel with points with little cash balance.

Novotel Aerocity
Mecure Singapore
Swissotel Singapore

Not sure if it is based on property or how the receptionist settle the bill.
we get reward points too even while paying with points? how many do we get being in silver tier? and what about the airline points that we connect with the accor account,we get airline points for stays that are paid with points? I connected flying blue, though want to disconnect and connect with avios now,any idea how to do that?

sahilgulati5

TF Premier
we get reward points too even while paying with points? how many do we get being in silver tier? and what about the airline points that we connect with the accor account,we get airline points for stays that are paid with points? I connected flying blue, though want to disconnect and connect with avios now,any idea how to do that?
u can connect both flyingblue and avios

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In the app, go to account tab scroll down to accelerators and unlink existing partner and link new one.

Update: Only stays outside country of residence get counted for these(only checked with qatar airways). Check for other partners too.
Even though it is mentioned outside stays, I got avios points for local stays

You will get reward points if you do settlement at the hotel.
NB: Points settlement at property especially on international locations can get trickier if your account get blocked.
Accor blocks accounts sometimes if you access them through public wifis etc

Last edited: