• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

reversal of finance charges

Bhagat Singh

TF Premier
i paid hdfc bill via a mobikwik but payment failed and money stuck. i paid minimum due again to avoid late payment . but it took 8 days to get refund from mobikwik. so rest of the payment was made 5 days after due date. hdfc charged 1232rs as finance charges now. can we get it's reseveral. if yes than how.

cryoengine

TF Premier
Banks do take pity as a one-time gesture if you are a long-time customer, you can try mailing grievance customer care.

I suggest next time don't be too greedy and pay as soon as the statement is generated if you are using 3rd part app for cashback. So you get time to pay again if things go wrong and always assume these apps will have issues.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
If this were a late fee, there might have been a possibility of HDFC Bank considering a one-time exception and reversing the charges. However, since the charges are for the minimum amount payment, I doubt they will reverse them.

Nevertheless, it's worth a try. I suggest contacting their customer care and speaking with an agent. Keep reaching out until you receive a more favorable response from an agent.