• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rent payment with super premium cards

CC_Fire

TF Premier
There have been a number of posts but would like to create 1 master post to summarize the best current rent payment strategy for the superpremium cards (infinia/dcb, magnus, reserve, plat charge, stanc ultimate)

1. HDFC Cards (Infinia, DCB); Redgiraffe is the best solution with no upper limits and c.0.5% charge. The MCC here is insurance so until that loophole is plugged, one can continue to earn RPs and get milestone benefits

2. Axis Cards (Magnus, Reserve); Payzapp + Redgiraffe if you are able to add your card. If not, then BharatNXT but uptil a limit of 1L/month. No real proper solutions other than that?

3. Amex Cards (Plat Charge); full RPs but doesnt seem to have a cost effective + dependable way to pay. Folks have suggested Mobikwik with charges of 2.5%+ leaves nothing on the table. Any other ideas ?

4. StanC Ultimte; through redgiraffe and despite recent devaluation still offers 2% RPs for rental payments. So if the infnia route is plugged, this can be a fallback option

Any other ideas for these bunch of cards?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I used redgiraffe + HDFC billpay option with Diners black 1 week ago will this be counted for milestone benefits/RP? if it doesn't, is using Payzapp 2.0 better option for accumulation of milestone benefits? I upgraded to Payzapp 2.0 today itself.
Any update did u get reward points and under which category?

I am considering getting the Magnus card and will use it to pay rent of 60K using redgiraffe and payzapp. Will this transaction be counted for the monthly milestone? If not any other way to pay rent and get the milestone benefits?

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
this is strange..I used DCB with the new Payzapp/RedGiraffe for Society Maintenance charges. on 9th April. The statement was generated on the 10th reflecting the payment, but no Reward points against the transaction...
RP for restricted tnxs in current month show in the next month.. Will reflect in the next statement

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So now even for Axis Vistara cards rent won’t be counted towards milestone benefits
What about SBI vistara cards ?
1) Does it consider rent spends or wallet loads under milestone benefits?
2) Does it provide regular CV points (4 CV points per 200 spend) on rent & wallet loads ?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
which are the cards now to use for genuine rent payments to get reward points? axis hdfc cards are out.. sbi vistara cards give points for rent?