• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regret after closing Credit Card - Share your experience

RockyBond

TF Premier
We all post how to get credit cards here . But sometimes we close existing credit cards and then regret later thinking it was a big mistake.

Let's share our experiences so we can learn from them.

My regret - Closing One Card as it was FD based. After using for an year closed it but then one card never gave me a card . Really regret as I will miss one card offers and probably never get it again. :(

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Beware of HDFC.... They are very sticky and will extend this deadline to 31st August :ROFLMAO:
This ONE TIME I really really want HDFC to keep their words... and honor it and not to extend this crappy Moneyback CC offer beyond today and move on to the next tier... This time I really love HDFC not to give me this card...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1690816659429.png

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Bhai Yeh deta jayega jab tak tum finally le nahi loge. 🤣 Hdfc is the real desperado 🤣
I have a plan, strategy and mission, I stick to it... I give HDFC about 18 months(max 24 months) time, meanwhile I will be aggressively implementing my strategy and give my best shot at it to get a reasonably premium card with around 4 to 5 lakh CL.. If it doesn't work I will let it go...no regrests I will re assess , make a choice then and move on... will keep sharing the events.. The very important point here is I have to wait very patiently to get my FIRST card... and HDFC only cares until we get on to their books... Once committed they won't care... Until I commit they will be after me.. I will make sure they will be after me with my business... Lets see how it pans out....

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Had closed my SCB CC almost 7 years ago, tried many times couldn't get one now. Not missing it though.
Bit self confusing statement.
You closed the card 7 years ago for whatever reason..
Keep trying for it many times without success( this shows you want to have it for whatever purpose)
and feeling not missing and keep trying ,, may not go hand in hand... Anyway. you don't mind for not having it and will try for it just to see how you feel after having it....

rogerthat

TF Ace
I have closed two cards, both of AXIS
1. Axis Flipkart. - Got it when it was FYF. Spent around 1.3L and didn't wanted to pay renewal. Closed it. Retention team didn't offer LTF
2. Axis IOCL - Got it LTF. Welcome benefits promised weren't delivered (even after 3 months followup). Points were delayed. Closed it. Retention team didn't had anything to offer , except apology

Don't regret closing any.

Planning to close PNB soon, and may be some other LTF cards which haven't been used for over a year (I got them for bank specific offer).
You are lucky. Axis usually doesn't even offer that. (apology).

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just go to him and ask for closure form. Tell him you are not satisfied with the services and are going to move your salary account to axis
Update: Went to BM and asked for closure. Was redirected to a RM who upgraded me to preferred right away. He said that my card spending is low (this is true) but he can get me upgraded to infinia with FYF throufh approvals but I need to give him some business. I need to open a new account with him for a family member. I can withdraw the balance once my card is upgraded to Infinia.

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Update: Went to BM and asked for closure. Was redirected to a RM who upgraded me to preferred right away. He said that my card spending is low (this is true) but he can get me upgraded to infinia with FYF throufh approvals but I need to give him some business. I need to open a new account with him for a family member. I can withdraw the balance once my card is upgraded to Infinia.
Dekha bhai magic 🤣

cardio_guy

TF Ace
I had an axis Indian oil rupay credit card with limit 1.8L. I closed it within a week of getting it. Used the 250 rs fuel cashback offer. When I called cc to close it first time, they gave me 2500 edge reward points. 2nd time they gave me 2000 points. I redeemed all that for a bata voucher and bought a shoes. Third time I called asked them to close it permanently. They tried to lure me with more offers but I declined. Now I regret because If I had kept it and used it, I would have used it to get higher variant axis card later. Now I need to restart the whole journey from zero.