• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding The Credit Card Limit Of Sbi Cashback And Calculation Of The Cashback And List Of The Mcc Code In Which Sbi Calculates The Cashback Posted'

Hi to all community members
I have an SBI cashback credit card received on 3.1.2023 and I have noticed that the cashback limit seems to be quite low which is 10000 INR Despite two card holds (simply click and irctc premiere). Can anyone explain why this is the case and how SBI calculates the cashback that is posted to my account? Additionally, can someone provide information or a list in excel or pdf format on the MCC codes that SBI uses to determine the cashback earned on purchases? Any information would be greatly appreciated."

panu24

TF Ace
First of all good if you will not you all Capital letters in title of this thread. Try to minimize it so that people can understand quickly what this thread is about.

panu24

TF Ace
Hi to all community members
I have an SBI cashback credit card received on 3.1.2023 and I have noticed that the cashback limit seems to be quite low which is 10000 INR Despite two card holds (simply click and irctc premiere). Can anyone explain why this is the case and how SBI calculates the cashback that is posted to my account? Additionally, can someone provide information or a list in excel or pdf format on the MCC codes that SBI uses to determine the cashback earned on purchases? Any information would be greatly appreciated."

Does this https://www.sbicard.com/sbi-card-en/assets/docs/pdf/cashback-tnc-booklet.pdf not help you to understand how cashback card works? All information you need is available in this file.

also its common case that many people received only 10k which is minimum limit for any SBI card. If you have got any other cards then just transfer existing card limit to this new card.

Does this https://www.sbicard.com/sbi-card-en/assets/docs/pdf/cashback-tnc-booklet.pdf not help you to understand how cashback card works? All information you need is available in this file.

also its common case that many people received only 10k which is minimum limit for any SBI card. If you have got any other cards then just transfer existing card limit to this new card.
Thanks for your reply brother I am curious and confused and want to know if someone has the MCC codes list of sbi cashback card as in the booklet it only shows the codes which the customer won't get any cashback I mean it's been very confusing how the sbi card classified transaction falls into which category means 1% or 5% compared to axis ace which very well describes the transaction belong to which category and cashback the customer earned

Thanks for your reply brother I am curious and confused and want to know if someone has the MCC codes list of sbi cashback card as in the booklet it only shows the codes which the customer won't get any cashback I mean it's been very confusing how the sbi card classified transaction falls into which category means 1% or 5% compared to axis ace which very well describes the transaction belong to which category and cashback the customer earned
List of the MCC is codes is of no use because these codes are not displayed during a transaction, only the merchant name is displayed and one merchant name might have multiple MCC codes (like "PAYTM NOIDA"). Almost all the online transactions fetches you 5% except for wallet load, utilities and govt payments and some other categories mentioned in the T&C. There are several threads here which talks about various transactions, you can go through them for some better understanding

MCC codes are not meant for end users but it's between merchant payment gateway and payment processor. If they disclose the list and show on payment page how they will earn the profit?
Brother I am asking for end users knowledge because all the transactions used to done through sbi cashback card not fetch 5% despite of mentioning the mcc codes in the sbi booklet.There are several transactions I have done through my sister sbi cashback card I have found few of transactions falls in 1% category my question is it's been confusing for the user to know whether they got 5% cashback or 1% suppose you have done transaction on the card and sbi know you got 5% cashback they can easily switch the transaction category to 1 % what you think ?

bugmenot

TF Ace
Brother I am asking for end users knowledge because all the transactions used to done through sbi cashback card not fetch 5% despite of mentioning the mcc codes in the sbi booklet.There are several transactions I have done through my sister sbi cashback card I have found few of transactions falls in 1% category my question is it's been confusing for the user to know whether they got 5% cashback or 1% suppose you have done transaction on the card and sbi know you got 5% cashback they can easily switch the transaction category to 1 % what you think ?
They can't switch the category without informing the users before 30 days. SBI has mentioned where you will get 1% and no cashback. So you should do transaction considering those categories

If possible could you share the transactions which gave you 1% and you were expecting 5%?

Last edited:
Yes if @Shekhar_kapoor you have gathered such information please share with us. Will be helpful to know which type of transaction gave you 1% instead of 5% cashback.
Will share in the community in excel format but these transactions I identified based on the spending I have done on different merchants I urge all the community members whosoever have sbi cashback credit cards to try to identify their transactions on sbi cashback card falls on 1% or 5% in the category in excel or whatever file format you like. why I am asking this as it seems confusing while identifying transactions to compare to the axis ace card which has detailed and classified information on transactions and cashbacks.

bugmenot

TF Ace
There is already a sheet maintained by TF telegram. It covers most of the categories for SBI Cashback.

There is already a sheet maintained by TF telegram. It covers most of the categories for SBI Cashback.

apollo pharmacy 5%