• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding Railway Lounge Access

tushu5121

TF Premier
Hello everyone.

I Hope everyone is doing well.

This is regarding Railway Lounge Acces.
I travelled Alot in my life a mostly by train And usibg Railway Lounge Access so many times.
I tried Lounge Access at Delhi ( Both platform 1 & 16 ) Jaipur, Ahmedaba, Varanasi, Agra cent where I noticed their Service is excellent.

My best Experiance Was at Delhi plarform no 1.

Railway Lounge Access provide Excellent Service for those Who are Frequent Travellers by train And need to rest for 2 3 hrs.

I have Few Questions for everyone of you.

1 Any one here tried railway Lounge Access? If yes please share your Experiance

2) do you think more credit cards should provide railway lounge Access

3 why axis and HDFC not providing Lounge access i saw hdfc bank logo in delhi platform no 1 lounge but when i called hdfc they said no railway lounge access in any cards

4 Dreamfolks is the partner with railway lounge can we get lounge Access with Dreamfolks priority pass? Have confusion on this

Please do share your valuable opinions with this threat

Thank you

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had 1 question regarding railway lounge access, can we visit it at destination station too ?

Usually, airport lounge facility is used at source location (very less airports have lounges in arrival area), but its not the case with Railway Lounges. If I am reaching Delhi/Ahmedabad, Can I use their lounge (as I have valid ticket ? )

Maybe dumb question (and the answer is yes), but just wanted to know if anyone have done it before

UPDATE: Was allowed to enter, yay!

Last edited:

unusedbrain1

TF Premier
I had 1 question regarding railway lounge access, can we visit it at destination station too ?

Usually, airport lounge facility is used at source location (very less airports have lounges in arrival area), but its not the case with Railway Lounges. If I am reaching Delhi/Ahmedabad, Can I use their lounge (as I have valid ticket ? )

Maybe dumb question (and the answer is yes), but just wanted to know if anyone have done it before
yes you are right you can use in destination station too. Note if they refuse u can Say . u came here with Reservation & u have train to catch local in few hours .. Thing is more VIP your behave less likely they utter a word 😂

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
yes you are right you can use in destination station too. Note if they refuse u can Say . u came here with Reservation & u have train to catch local in few hours .. Thing is more VIP your behave less likely they utter a word 😂
Vo toh Indians ko bakhubi aata hai :LOL:

also the rules aren't written anywhere that lounges can be used only at source stations.. will try going just for shits and giggles...

Have had cards since 4 years but never went even once... Sometimes friends were with me (and they didn't had cards) and the stations I visit mostly do not have Lounges xD

unusedbrain1

TF Premier
Vo toh Indians ko bakhubi aata hai :LOL:

also the rules aren't written anywhere that lounges can be used only at source stations.. will try going just for shits and giggles...

Have had cards since 4 years but never went even once... Sometimes friends were with me (and they didn't had cards) and the stations I visit mostly do not have Lounges xD
its only at 10 station max i guess .so untill modi gov gives us world class infra of station as they promised in next few year .this service will be reseved for few . I used this service in 2021 and felt like previlaged 😂 with my coral card in Jaipur station . But bathroom was still shit in 2021 & again in 23

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Chennai Executive Railway lounge is now added in dreamfolks web link under idfc card. Interestingly AU and ICICI are not showing.

Anyone tried this lounge yet?
Tried today. As expected, only idfc card works here.

No non veg option. But being a Vegetarian , I was okay. Seating area is also nice.

They ask for pnr number and name, but it didn't have to be same as card. I swiped my mother's add on card just to see if they accept.

There were quite a lot of people despite high charges (200 entry fee and 450 for food) and most people didn't had idfc cards for free visit.

mortye0

TF Buzz
been to Jaipur One 2 times .. I can't say worst but Space is too small ..plus the Bathroom were never like its smell more like it stinks

Your options are
1 - icici coral credit Card
2- idfc Credit cards
3- induslnad has that option in few card.

best bet would be Idfc & icici ..given that now coral comes in Rupay with very high approval rate now if u hold any cc of icici
Is there any mandatory per quarter spend criteria for railway lounge access on ICICI Coral CC like the airport lounge 5k per quarter spend?

abhiver

TF Premier
Tried today. As expected, only idfc card works here.

No non veg option. But being a Vegetarian , I was okay. Seating area is also nice.

They ask for pnr number and name, but it didn't have to be same as card. I swiped my mother's add on card just to see if they accept.

There were quite a lot of people despite high charges (200 entry fee and 450 for food) and most people didn't had idfc cards for free visit.
They have non veg option, but it something you have request the attendant. He/she will bring a bowl of Chicken curry or stu. SImilarly some lounge do not display Roti, when you ask they will prepare and bring for you.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
They have non veg option, but it something you have request the attendant. He/she will bring a bowl of Chicken curry or stu. SImilarly some lounge do not display Roti, when you ask they will prepare and bring for you.
U r talking specifically about Chennai railway lounge or just in general?

I didn't even get roti/paratha as it was over and they told me that they aren't going to make more. Later one guy fought with them, as he paid 450 rs for that with a family of 4 and then they brought it. But I already took enough rice by that time.

abhiver

TF Premier
U r talking specifically about Chennai railway lounge or just in general?

I didn't even get roti/paratha as it was over and they told me that they aren't going to make more. Later one guy fought with them, as he paid 450 rs for that with a family of 4 and then they brought it. But I already took enough rice by that time.
In General. I have been to 3-4 lounge last year and noticed same pattern.

abhiver

TF Premier
When I visit railway lounge I always let me surprise me :D , they usually have basic food only in display. Trick is to enjoy your meal slowly and in middle of your meal enquire them for the additional items, which you want.

One time they gave me Egg curry instead of chicken, when I ask them about non veg choices.