• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding cheque bounce notice

Adwait

TF Select
Actually I had lent Rs. 20000 to one of my friend who runs a gym through credit card also he gave me a cheque of Rs 20000 .
Now he is not returning the money what further steps should I take to get the money back.

Please guide.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
when the cheque gets bounced, you need to send legal notice to the person within 30 days.
you can take legal route, but your case would not stand in my opinion as first, you have to prove that the money was loaned to him and he owed you.

It all depends upon the goodwill of your friend. There is nothing much you can do

Adwait

TF Select
when the cheque gets bounced, you need to send legal notice to the person within 30 days.
you can take legal route, but your case would not stand in my opinion as first, you have to prove that the money was loaned to him and he owed you.

It all depends upon the goodwill of your friend. There is nothing much you can do
I have credit card statement and call recordings. Is there any way without lawyer as he might take hefty fees

akshayhs

TF Ace
Unless you have anything in writing at least like a promissory note, it's very hard to use anything else as evidence.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I already took yearly gym membership 2 months ago. Also have receipt for the same
Bhai , case to nhi tikega.
Tumhara friend kuch bhi bol skta hai defence me ki ghar aa kar cheque le gya, mene to kisi mutual friend ko diya tha etc.

Frinds k beech me professional dealing nhi hoti to kya hi legal proof show karoge lability ka?

best yhi h gym se koi sman utha lao uski, Treadmill vagarh le aao agar paise nhi de rha h to

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Can I file chargeback?
If the receipted friend is having proper merchant category of mcc then u can
But downside is that during chargeback phases of enquiry if ur friend say to bank that u lend money from cc by getting a PDC then high chance for ur card being considered by bank as used other than it meant for and they may block/cancel the card

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Bhai , case to nhi tikega.
Tumhara friend kuch bhi bol skta hai defence me ki ghar aa kar cheque le gya, mene to kisi mutual friend ko diya tha etc.

Frinds k beech me professional dealing nhi hoti to kya hi legal proof show karoge lability ka?

best yhi h gym se koi sman utha lao uski, Treadmill vagarh le aao agar paise nhi de rha h to
Bhai, gym wala hai, doley sholey bhi hongey uskey, aisey kaise dadagiri kar saktey hain uskey saath. Khud pit na jayenge kahin.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Actually I had lent Rs. 20000 to one of my friend who runs a gym through credit card also he gave me a cheque of Rs 20000 .
Now he is not returning the money what further steps should I take to get the money back.

Please guide.
cheque bounce is a criminal offence. doesn't matter who owed whom, if your friend signed on the check and it bounced, that's crime.

Can I file chargeback?
no. chargeback can be requested only if the transaction happened without your knowledge. here, you gave the money yourself.

i see that you have got your money back, so good for you. putting this here for future reference.
Screenshot_20230508-201625.png