• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

REFUND NOT CREDITNG TO HDFC RUPAY CARD FOR UPI TRANSACTION

Hi,
I recently did a UPI credit card transaction on AJIO and after the return of the product, they processed the refund and even shared a refunded money tracking number, it’s almost been two weeks it’s not reflecting in the MyCards website, I reached out to HDFC customer email but no help they are giving useless answers.
Has anyone faced issues for UPI Credit Card transactions refund issue?

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,
I recently did a UPI credit card transaction on AJIO and after the return of the product, they processed the refund and even shared a refunded money tracking number, it’s almost been two weeks it’s not reflecting in the MyCards website, I reached out to HDFC customer email but no help they are giving useless answers.
I am in the same boat. My refund date is 15th May. I have not seen refund yet. Will raise dispute soon.

Wonder if temporary credit will be given. Has anyone got refund for UPI over credit card?

I hear that we must set default receiving account if not done already and refund seems to be processed to the UPI primary bank account.

Last edited:
W
I am in the same boat. My refund date is 15th May. I have not seen refund yet. Will raise dispute soon.

Wonder if temporary credit will be given. Has anyone got refund for UPI over credit card?

I hear that we must set default receiving account if not done already and refund seems to be processed to the UPI primary bank account.
What’s the process to raise dispute

srai98

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Did you people receive the refund? My 13k is stuck. Want to know the process

deepankar

TF Neo
Hi,
Even i had same issue, I did multiple transactions and i got confirmation from Merchant that they have refunded the amount. still amount is not credited. I am not going to use Rupay credit card Via UPI until the issue is resolved.

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,
Same thing happened with me, 5 transactions worth 1.3Lakh were either failed or refunded and the refund wasn't credited until 45 days.

I had raised a dispute to "CC.Disputes@hdfcbank.com "and shared all documents and details as asked by them, reversal happened in like a week.

They will reply with a form which you have to fill and share with them.

Follow the same steps, also if you have a Rm share it with them as well.

They asked a lot of documents which fortunately I had all, check attachment for the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230802_183421_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802_183421_Gmail.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 34

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Similar issue in getting refund in bob rupay credit card paid via UPI from Paytm app, on bigbasket bigbasket says amount credited from their end, Paytm says we've not received any refund from merchant contact them, it's been 10 days I think too much hassle.

Rupay UPI system is not completely stable I feel, last year faced same issue in refund on Amazon wallet upi, both parties were not able to track refund then, Amazon issued a gift card from their side just to help not lose any money.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Out of curiosity, Is it just for HDFC or other banks are also having some issues?
Same here with the recently launched and a very popular ICICI Coral Rupay card... Refund never happened.. Fortunately only for Rs.220.. Had to log the dispute.. they told it would take 9 weeks (as cool as cucumber for them not me...) meanwhile told me they would give temporary credit... I haven't even bothered to check....

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
One more issue I faced is double deduction of reward points in hdfc tata Neu card. When we dispute and when we get the money back from merchant, the hdfc system does double deduction of points (one for temporary credit and one for permanent). I am still fighting it.

BornArcher8

TF Neo
I am a student and I requested a refund for a NPTEL Course of 1000 Rs paid via Rupay on UPI. They have sent me an email stating that the refund will be processed and I will receive it within 15 days. The card is HDFC Tata Neu Plus. The transaction went through successfully but I only requested for refund. Will I receive the refund automatically or should I file Online Dispute or should I contact NPTEL support team?

Last edited:

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am a student and I requested a refund for a NPTEL Course of 1000 Rs paid via Rupay on UPI. They have sent me an email stating that the refund will be processed and I will receive it within 15 days. The card is HDFC Tata Neu Plus. The transaction went through successfully but I only requested for refund. Will I receive the refund automatically or should I file Online Dispute or should I contact NPTEL support team?
When your statement is generated, you are given 30 days to dispute. So when you don’t get refund by the time allowed, dispute it and get temporary credits.

BornArcher8

TF Neo
Update - Amount has been automatically refunded to my HDFC Tata Neu Plus even though it was via UPI. The refund was also backdated to the day I requested the refund (request for refund and payment were both on 17th). Today the refund reflected in the app.

NPTEL was using billdesk as payment gateway.

Last edited:

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Similar issue in getting refund in bob rupay credit card paid via UPI from Paytm app, on bigbasket bigbasket says amount credited from their end, Paytm says we've not received any refund from merchant contact them, it's been 10 days I think too much hassle.

Rupay UPI system is not completely stable I feel, last year faced same issue in refund on Amazon wallet upi, both parties were not able to track refund then, Amazon issued a gift card from their side just to help not lose any money.
Update: refund automatically got credited to card, they took 20 days,
looks like its better to wait and pray than run around customer care people.